31

31

▪E D I T E D▪

"Do you realise just what is at stake here?"

Liam slammed a hand on top of the map that sat atop his desk, eyes boring into Luca's bright ones.

"And I tell you again! Full moon is in 3 days. Everyone knows that it's a very important day for pack wolves. They go on their monthly hunts. It is the time of the Omega Fest," Luca exclaimed as he tapped a finger on the map. The Superintendent hummed to the side, shoes clicking as he tapped them on the floor.

"As vulnerable as they might seem, they are strongest on that day," Liam snarled with clenched teeth. "And our officers wouldn't hold a chance. It would be a futile bloodshed, and I am not interested in it happening."

"Officer Payne is correct, agent Hemphor," The Superintendent murmured lowly. "I'm afraid he is very right. It is their peak prowl period. We are lucky enough, as is, that it is not Desmond Styles at the throne," He murmured heavily, and Luca slacked back with a shiver at the tip of his spine.

Luca knew all about Desmond Styles' rule.

It ended about 3 decades-and-a-bit-more ago. One of the most bloodied reign anyone had ever seen. He was ruthless. Rumored to be mated to the Moon Goddess herself, the dark side mind you, and to have taken her energy during full moon nights.

Those had been dark days for all.

"Sir," Luca sighed and backed off. "I apologize for not having thought through my words."

The Superintendent waved a hand. "It's quite alright, agent Hemphor. What we need is a fool proof plan. A--"

"You know what?" Liam interrupted. "Luca. You're right."

"What?" Luca asked in alarm, a dreaded feeling descending upon his chest. "Liam. Don't do what I think--"

"No," Liam snarled, "I'm going this Friday. Whether you accompany me is your choice. But I am not willing to wait any further. I need to find and save my family."

_-_-_

"What would you like to know?"

Harry leaned back in his seat, leg thrown over his other knee. The tips of his fingers touched as his elbows rested on the hand-rests of the armchair he was sat in.

Louis chewed slowly, looking down at his plate to gather more food on his fork. He took his sweet time, looking up at Edward when he'd done so. His eyes flashed silver in fond when they fell upon the long-haired Alpha, making Edward stiffen further in slight discomfort.

Edward wanted to protect Louis from any danger, but...

Louis seemed to be the danger.

"Ah," Louis murmured, and smiled softly as he fed Edward the forkful of food. He leaned forward to swipe a bit of gravy from Edward's lips with his thumb, only to suck the savoury clean with his own mouth. Edward shook his head to clear his mind of the visual, chest rumbling softly.

Clever, Harry thought, eyes intent on the way the Omega's lips wrapped around his own finger.

"You first," Louis conceded, and Harry was greatly taken aback. Although, he wasn't sure what he was expecting. A direct demand about his pack orders?