14

14

Chapter Warnings : Infidelity (idk lol)(technically not ig but yolo who cares)

▪E D I T E D▪

Louis didn't explain when he reached home.

No, he made a quick beeline towards Niall's room where the said Omega was asleep, his breath a little laboured and his eyelids swollen pink.

Louis' lips wobbled as he clambered up Niall's bed, the safe aroma of a known Omega keeping him calm. "Ni." Louis whined softly, but sniffled and tucked himself around Niall when all he got as a response was a huff. Louis softly nosed into Niall's scent gland, where his mating mark should be (but... Wasn't), and relaxed completely when Liam slipped under the covers behind him. Louis felt safe. Louis ignored Liam and kept his rapt attention on Niall who began shifting, tucking his head under Louis'. "Ni," He whined softly again, wanting to stop the Omega from hurting from within.

Niall blubbered in his sleep, then stilled when Louis nosed into his scent gland once again. "L-lou?" Niall whispered shakily, then pounced on Louis, licking his face and kissing him all over. "I was so worried, Lou!" Niall cried, and Louis let his own waterworks begin. Niall squirmed until he was face to face with Louis' small tummy, nosing into the skin. "Is the baby okay?"

"Mhm." Louis nodded, and Niall finally slung himself over both Liam and Louis.

After a quiet few seconds, Liam nipped at the back of Louis' neck to calm him, "Are you going to tell us what happened?"

Louis laid silent for a minute, then shrugged. "I... I honestly don't know. I don't know why I had been taken, I don't know why I had even been kept there, and I don't know why-- just why he would do that." Louis sighed, and Liam growled threateningly. "Who would do what?"

"Alpha Styles," Louis shrugged again, "I thought I found a mate in him... But... But I was-- I was just a mistake."

"Shh..." Liam soothed when Louis sniffled erratically, burrowing himself into Niall's chest.

Liam scowled, looking to Niall, and Niall looked back at him with rounded, worried eyes. "Mate...?" Niall asked tentatively, and Louis sniffed, nodding. Niall knew not to question such feelings, but...

"You've-- you've only been away for 2 days...?"

Louis twirled a loose bit of thread in his forefinger and pulled at it as he analysed Niall's question. He had been there only for 2 days. Well, 2 days and a half, but it would be a blatant lie if he said that he doubted his affections for the Alpha because of just a bloody number.

"Yeah," Louis replied, "Didn't feel-- feel like it though." Louis whispered and his voice cracked as he felt the weight of not being enough on his chest. "Felt way more," He murmured as he rubbed a palm on his chest against his beating, hurting heart. "Quite bewildering, really." He answered, and shrugged when all Niall could do was fish-mouth. This was a serious matter. To find a mate in someone meant that their wolves connected. Connected, felt safe around one another, trusted, and deemed the other equally important. It was an enticing feeling. Niall would know.

"But, you've been gone..."

Niall choked on his words as he stared at Louis. One, because his eyes just flashed platinum, and two-- two, dear Goddess, had Louis become more attractive?