03

03

[Note] Ah! I'm so excited for this book! LET THE HUNT COMMENCE!

E D I T E D▪

Chapter Warnings : Molestation

"What the--" Louis huffed when he woke up drenched in his own sweat, and tossed his comforters away. Grabbing his charging phone from the nightstand beside him, he checked the time: 4:12 a.m. Groaning softly at the time, Louis blearily stumbled from the bed, his hands protectively shielding his tummy when he tripped over the sheets he threw down just moments prior.

Grumbling to himself, Louis dragged himself to the central heater and felt his temper rise to the height of the temperature that was frozen on the screen. It broke! Again!

Louis knew that Liam would have left for work about 5 or 10 minutes ago, because he couldn't see his shoes or coat by the door when he slipped out of it in all his half-naked glory; his mind brewing up a storm of ways to damn his landlord. It was going to be a distaster, and Louis had a hunch that it was because he was a little on the pregnant side. With no protection, whatsoever.

His thin, silk pyjama shirt clung to his frame in a sticky manner, and Louis pulled at it angrily, letting it flow breezily as he walked down the corridor.

"Hey!" Louis banged on the door to the landlord's door, and tapped a foot as he waited, arms crossed against his chest. "Open up! James!"

A bang sounded from the other side of the door and louis stepped back a little, curling an arm over his belly. The door clicked open, and a blue-eyed, blonde haired Alpha who had the beginning traces of a beer belly, stepped out. He was in his mid thirtes, and smelt faintly of wood, the stench of alcohol and smoke on his skin covering it up. "What do you want." He grumbled blearily, raking his eyes over Louis' figure.

"The heater broke." Louis scowled hotly in reply. "Again." He leant a hand out expectantly.

"So?" The Alpha male drawled as he raked his eyes over Louis' form repeatedly.

"So? So? I think we made it quite clear the last time it broke. You are to give the money back. You did a shit job as always. Don't come complaining if I go call a mechanic on my own now."

James snorted and leaned away, turning to go back to his apartment. "And you've shit timing as always, sweet cheeks, so screw the fuck off."

"Hey! Dickwad! This wasn't a part of--"

Louis let out a surprised squeak when James swiftly reached out to grip his neck, leaning too much into Louis' personal bubble. "Don't test my patience, Omega." He snarled, and abruptly sniffed Louis' sweet, sweet neck.

"Liam ain't around to guard you now, is he?"

"Damned fucker--!" Louis gritted in embarrassment as he fumed, struggling against James' hold. His hormones ran wild as he sent out distressed signals of panic and anger, growling when James leaned closer.

"Mm... So tantalising, sweet cheeks... Bet you tasted better, didn't you?" Louis shook in frustration when James buried his face into his neck.

Gaining the chance of a fucking lifetime, Louis grimaced as he snatched at James' knot and twisted, slipping from under him. Louis smirked to himself when James howled in agony, hitting his head on the wall when Louis slipped out.