40

40

▪E D I T E D▪

I'm kinda icky about this chapter... I hope it's good :)

_-_-_

"That pup is yours, dumbass."

"...Marcel?" Edward frowned, hand stilled against Louis' bump, mind now blank. The said Alpha grinned at his brothers, eyes now zeroing onto Louis' own heated gaze.

"Hm," He hummed, "Missed me?" He grinned, sauntering forward to stand before the three steps that elevated his mates. "Don't you remember?" Marcel asked teasingly, only to hear Harry snarl under his breath, "So it was you," He murmured with a clenched jaw, arms tightening around Louis when the Omega let out a pained whimper in his hold, wanting to be let go.

"Should've known," Marcel answered deviously, his sharp smirk glinting. "Shouldn't you have, brother?" Marcel tsked, "Gave you all the right clues didn't I? Yet you don't sound very surprised... I wonder why?"

Harry's jaw clenched, eyes flashing at his brother as rage picked up in his chest. Edward's gaze was now glued to Louis' bump that was under his delicate touch, wonder in his features.

Harry's mind raced with all the clues that connected together. The nameless Alpha who kept jabbing at him, trafficking drugs into his compounds unscathed, the feeling of complete possessiveness whenever he was with Louis, from the start. The lack of need of pack info from Louis.

"The seal," Harry snarled, "You didn't know it was with Louis."

The seal was something Harry kept with him, the only reminder of his mother, other than the moon itself. It was a gift from the Goddess, a peace-offering for all the years that the triplets grew without a mother. She'd given it to him, instructing him to wear it at all times; that he'd find the perfect mate if he did (the seal's eyes would glow the first while, she'd said).

He hadn't worn it, in all obviousness.

"Oh, but I did. How do you think?"

Malik.

He was going to pay.

See, after Harry had sent Louis away, he'd kept close tabs on who visited the Omega and when. But with the presence of the seal, it would alert any every pack Alpha in its vicinity-- it was powerful (but Marcel was not a pack Alpha). It carried an essence; an air that notified even Harry of it. Inevitably, it would also steer Louis' 'Alpha' away.

That's what Harry thought when no new information had been updated to him on the night he'd gone into rut.

But that went to shit when the other day, the wolves he'd sent came to him with the fact that an Alpha had been present with Louis for his heat.

Who, now turned out to be Marcel.

And Edward...?

No wonder Marcel slipped away without his knowledge. He had in-pack intel, from the very best.

What the fuck?

"I'm not daft, brother," Marcel snorted, "Let go of my pretty fleur, Harry," He said, eyes soft yet fiery as they laid on Louis, "I've missed him, and I'm sure he's missed me too."