41

41

Chapter Warnings : Forced Bonding

▪E D I T E D▪

The quiet sounds of the woods; the chirping of crickets, rustling of the leaves, the low hum of life that reverberated through the air as the moon lit up the lands with its soft glare; none of it. None of it soothed Zayn as he raced his way to his troubled Omega, his trusted pack members hot on his heels.

"Zayn," Paul called worriedly, "Rayna--"

"I know," Zayn interrupted, "But I also know that he is not on the borders. He is not here to cause any more trouble," Zayn answered quietly, and Paul looked closely at him.

"Do I want to know?"

"No. But you will know. Just not yet," And with that, Zayn pushed himself faster, paws slapping ferociously against the dirt of the ground that flew with the speed.

"Soleil, mon amour," Zayn called through the bond in comfort, raging within himself. He stuttered to a stop when Niall's wild and loud thoughts came to a halt, only panic and arousal residue--

No.

No.

No no no!

"Soleil!" Zayn exclaimed, rage bubbling fierce in his chest, making his companion wolves confused as they felt the strong wave pass through the bond they shared with the pack Beta. Zayn growled as he took off once again, sure steps leading pack members to believe something bad had happened to their newest member.

"Zayn," Paul hushed worriedly, "You worry us. What happpened?"

The Alpha was startled to find that the pack Beta had closed his packlink. Paul cursed lowly, nodding at his pack members to stay alert when the sweet aroma of slick permeated the air.

Zayn snarled with flashing eyes, a sort of blue clutching onto his chest.

But rage took over him by flames when he spotted his mate cornered against the length of a fucking tree, as a nameless Alpha pressed his canines deeper and deeper--

And there was that click. That bloody click in their bond that notified Zayn of Niall's new mate, the Omega clutching onto the Alpha before him for dear life.

Zayn's eyes stung as he stood frozen, packmates pressing closer to him as a sign of their comfort. They reacted before he did, growling and charging for the Alpha who failed to see the danger he himself was in, along with--

"HALT!" Zayn roared once he shifted quickly, slipping on his pants as he marched forward. His mate was also inevitably in danger, and as much as Zayn wanted to hurt the Alpha, he would never risk hurting Niall. Niall's glazed eyes wandered to him in their euphoric state, a wisp of sadness and shame glinting in them that made Zayn reach out to his beloved for support.

Lethal growls slipped out from Liam's lips as he claimed Niall, startled and refreshed once he could feel his mate's feelings in his mind. He gasped against Niall's skin when the Omega clutched his hair between his fingers; the fingers that slotted with his, belonged between his.