16

16

E D I T E D▪

"Comment osez-vous?" Harry banged a fist against the wooden table-top as he curled a fist around a defiant Zayn's neck. "How dare you give him the seal?!"

"I dare as much as I care!" Zayn spat through the bond, and Harry growled, shoving Zayn away from him and clutching his hair as his eyes flashed murderously.

"What right--" Harry bellowed and stopped, throwing an antique vase onto the wall instead of finishing the sentence. Harry knew never to question his trust in Zayn. Zayn proved him wrong time and time again; has had his back for so long, that it seemed treacherous to even begin doubting his loyalty.

Pack wolves watched on warily, guessing that a heated argument must be going on through the pack bond between the Alphas. Even if they could tap into the conversation, they were too scared to do so as the two Alphas would know who was listening in on them.

Zayn's eyes flashed defiantly. Harry marched away-- the other Alpha following him relentlessly-- and roughly took a seat on his throne as he glared at Zayn in reproach. "What I do, Alpha, has always been in your best interest," Zayn murmured, "And I'll so much as be damned by the Luna Goddess herself if I let you lose the one best thing she's offered you, and let you make the biggest mistake of in probability, your whole life!" Zayn kept most of what he intended to tell Harry private, not wanting to make something personal, public to the pack.

"Mistake?" Harry sneered, "I make no mistake, Jaavad Malik," He growled (the Alpha apparently, and of course, having no qualms about keeping it personal even if he really was the most private wolf out there), flashing his canines with how insulted he felt. "You. You did." He scoffed, throwing a leg over the other. "You think I made a mistake? Think I was mistaken?"

When all Zayn could do was glare at him, Harry smirked. "I know exactly what I'm doing," He leered, then glared. "Until you."

Zayn sighed, running a hand through his hair. "What? What do you want me to do about it?"

And when Harry smirked at him in the most devilish manner possible, Zayn let the looming feeling of dread settle over his shoulders.

_-_-_

"Esmeray-Annaluna, mother." Marcel breathed, pursing his lips when she glared at him.

"Countless times, Marcelleus," She rolled her eyes as her dainty fingers weaved through her sleeping husband's wind-blown hair that laid on her lap. Her voice rang out everywhere even if her lips didn't move. "Call. Me. Anne."

Marcel snorted, "Yeah, well you never call me Marcel."

Her tinkering laugh was deafening, and Marcel winced. "Look, Anne, I need to speak with Esmeray herself. If you so please, could I?"

Anne hummed, pausing her ministrations, looking almost thoughtful even if Marcel knew that his mother had made up her mind. "And if I say no?"

"Then you don't get to know," Marcel shrugged, picking up his duffel bag, ready to leave. He knew he was playing a stretch, being so disrespectful to the moon Goddess Luna herself... But she was his mother first.