|2.1|

Year One, 12 Months Ago

Jhenea bared her eyes with the darkest pair of sunglasses she had, as the flashing lights of the cameras were all up in her grill. This was day one of trial and as much preparation she thought she had, she knew if one more camera was shoved into her face she would scream.

She felt Lamont's arm be thrown over her shoulder while Anyul covered her from the front. He stood as a shield from the cameras and reporters that seemed to be closing in on Jhenea.

Morgan, Samantha, Carson's mother Alice and Ashton's mother Jackie had already made it through the swarm. Jhenea was the last person to arrive and she thanked God for Anyul and Lamont.

Dieon walked beside her pushing past any reporter who lunged at Jhenea. She gave the responses leaving Jhenea with the task of just safely making it into the court room. Dieon gave her last "No comment," reply before they made it into the courthouse.

Jhenea let out a relieved breath of air that had grown stuck in her throat.

"You alright , you need a minute?" Lamont asked with Dieon and Anyul hinting the same thing with their facial expressions.

"I-I'm okay," Jhenea let out shakily. Dieon sensed the lie in Jhenea's statement and was proven correctly by how quick Jhenea's chest rose and fell.

Alternating her briefcase to another hand, Dieon eyed Jhenea. "Your lying." She stated flatly. "Lamont get her a seat and Anyul find her some water." She ordered the men.

Jhenea's breathing picked up faster than before. Her lungs felt as if they were shriveled up and only allowed a tiny amount of air in. Inhaling and exhaling became hard for her as the thoughts of never seeing her husband again plagued her mind.

Anyul returned with the water, unfastening the lid he handed it over to Jhenea. She tried her best to gulp down as much as she could but her fight for air prevented such action.

"We haven't even started yet Jhenea." Dieon sighed as she soothing rubbed her back. She position Jhenea to be hunched over so she could center her breathing and get it back on track. "Give her some room," Dieon told Lamont and Anyul resulting in them taking a few steps back, watching her episode unfold.

Dieon and Jhenea remained in that same position for a little over ten minutes before Jhenea assured them all that she was okay.

By now, Dieon, Anyul and Lamont wished Jhenea never even came. Clearly she was too sensitive to hear what could be said and decided. The last thing they needed was for her to panic in front of everyone.

The media would flip it into some shit that it wasn't and Dieon wouldn't be able to fish her out of the pile of shit she would have created.

"I'm okay." Jhenea took another sip of water.

Taking her word for it, Lamont aided her up before walking her towards security. They were all searched for any weapons or odd items before they were set free to enter the courtroom the trail was assigned to.

Dieon entered the room taking it as her domain while setting her things up on the table beside the prosecutor.

Jhenea took a seat right behind Dieon triggering the same uneasy feeling she had outside.