|2.17|

The Present

With his head in his hands, the feeling of distress took all over Anthony. Blessing had just dropped a bombshell right in the center of his life. Things were going so well for him. He had changed, gotten through to Jhenea, spent a great time with his kids, and even got back into business.

Having another child simply wasn't the move right now. Not with Jhenea, not with Blessing, not with anyone!

Overwhelmed, he took a seat. It was too much to process. Blessing assessed his every move teeter-tottering between fright and anxiety.

To Blessing, Anthony was the same dude she cut ties with eight years ago. She had prepared herself to get talked down at, treated badly and even turned away. Neither of those things happened as of yet.

It took a lot of pride for Blessing to confess to Anthony with her tail stuck between her legs. For so long she was set out to be the perfect single mom that never asked for a hand out from Anthony. After he told her to have an abortion, she was sure that he wanted nothing to do with her or her child. She went against his word and kept her child. Her son wasn't her first child, but this was her chance to actually be an active mom. Her first son, Jax was successfully adopted into a family that Blessing thought would give him a better life. She was young when she had him so adoption was the best choice for her, personally.

However, with her second son, she felt like this was her do-over. She was confident in herself as a woman and took on the role of mommy and daddy. Throughout the first few months of her son's life, it was hard seeing her son's father around New Orleans flaunting another woman. She kept her mouth shut and always turned the other way. When she saw him out in Miami, she thought she would build enough courage to profess everything to Anthony.

Right when she was starting up a conversation he flat out told her that he was married and had a child on the way. It hurt her so she selfishly tries to demolish his happy life because she wasn't apart of it.

She knew her actions were only hurting her son in the long run. Every boy needed a father and she was too afraid to reach out to his.

"Blessing it's been—"

"Seven years," She cut in. "He's seven years old,"

"C'mon man, you waited eight years to tell me this shit," Anthony shook his head. He knew whenever she did decide to tell him the news he still wouldn't be satisfied, but eight years was a really long time.

Blessing sighed. "Anthony I know, but you just served a five-year sentence," She pointed out.

"Ight and what about the two years before that?" Anthony asked still trying to make sense of everything.

Blessing bit down on her bottom lip in hopes to calm herself. "You were married Anthony with a kid on the way,"

Anthony scoffed waving her off. "Man that's bull, when we seen each other in Miami I only been married for a year. You had a whole year before that," Anthony argued. He was worried about the wrong thing at the moment. He was clearly trying to avoid the act that he may have a seven-year-old son that had no clue that he was his father.

"Anthony you told me to get an abortion," She kept her voice low as she gritted out.

Anthony wanted to slice her with his sharp tongue and harsh word, but he didn't instead he remained silent. Blessing had no idea what to say next. She was beginning to regret the idea of even coming forward. "Y'know what, this was a mistake—"

Anthony immediately stood up stopping her from walking away. "Listen, this wasn't a mistake. For my kids I do anything." Anthony states while he paced the deck. "If he is my son then I take full responsibility, but if he isn't then I'm sorry Blessing, but I can not help you,"