|2.5|

Year Two, 12 Months Ago

Jhenea was wiping down the counters soon as Anthony waltzed into the kitchen. Lately she had been waking up in the middle of the night for some odd reason even she couldn't explain.

She always ended up eating or cleaning and every so often Anthony would join her when he realized she wasn't in bed.

"It's 3:25 AM and you in here bein' a headass?" He shook his head while taking a seat on one of the stools that surrounded the island.

Jhenea shrugged, "I cant help it, I made brownies though," She smiled while retrieving the tray from the oven with an oven mit on her right hand.

"Headass," He chuckled while getting up to pour himself a glass of milk.

Jhenea let the joke go and indulged in the brownies she had been letting cool for the past fifteen minutes. Being nice, Anthony also poured her a glass of milk so they can both enjoy.

"You leave tomorrow afternoon," Anthony reminded her causing her to roll her eyes.

"You must be real eager to have some girl up in here, you've been reminding me a lot,"

Anthony scoffed. " I know damn sure whatever girl I do have in here when you split ain't gone be making no brownies at 3 AM."

Jhenea stale faced him. "What is she going to be doing then Anthony?"

Being obnoxious he decided to get under her skin, cackling out in laughter he responded. "She gone be ass up face down,"

Taking the closest thing in reach she tossed it at him. With her bad aim, the butter knife made it no where near him. "You think everything is a joke not knowing I would bust the meanest U-turn from Atlanta to stab you in your sleep,"

Picking up the butter knife from the ground he held it up. "With this?" He raised a brow taking her as a joke.

Reaching over the island Jhenea grabbed a handful of his hair yanking him off his high horse. His face was planted against the marble counter while he warned her to ease up. "You think I'm playing? Have another female in here if you want to," She let his hair go after she felt he had enough.

Anthony got up massaging his scalp. "That just made you real ugly," He scrunched up his face in disgust.

Jhenea waved him off.

A moment later his phone went off causing Jhenea to go retrieve it for him since he was too lazy to head back upstairs.

She wasn't the least bit alarmed he was getting calls this time of night because that's what his business entailed. "Who that?" He asked.

Jhenea looked down at the phone reading the caller ID. "Bless," She responded while sliding the phone over to him.

Anthony reluctantly answered the phone turning the opposite way so his back could be facing Jhenea. "Talk." He answered not giving the typical greeting.

Jhenea didn't try to eavesdrop, she just continued to eat her brownies.

The phone call didn't last long before he hung up.