|2.19|

The Present,

Dieon examines the courtroom as she stood next to Aven. Today was a very suspenseful day. The thought of this not going as planned weighed heavy on her mind, but she remained confident.

"Your honor Mr.Taylor shows signs of his mental state progressing and becoming more and more stable each day," Dieon argued.

There was a ton of back and forth going on causing Aven to be left with no hope. He was better off expecting the worse than to expect to be set free.

"Understandable counselor Underhill, but the question is, can Mr.Taylor return to being a modern day civilian. His charts indicate that it's only been a few months since his mental state ranged to almost normal," Judge Tamir sighed out.

Aven's case was a very peculiar case. His mental state worried everyone. The mental hospital Aven's family agreed to have him in cleared Aven for discharge, but the courts were still on standby.

"Your honor, my client has not only improved from his last mental check, but he's improved drastically. Yes, he may not be where he was before the incident took place, however can you blame him? His human rights were taken from him, he was in isolation, and he barely got the opportunity to see outside. In order to refurbish his mental state to where he once was, then we'll have to discharge him from the institute and place him into the real world. He's out of touch," Dieon continues to fend for Dieon.

Samantha sat a few feet behind Aven with Anthony right alongside of her. After getting cleared to travel once more, Anthony made it his priority to have Dieon get his little brother out.

Hearing the court discuss Aven's mentality was scarring to both Anthony and Samantha. Yes, Aven didn't have the typical childhood, but he was normal. He never really had mental issues. The most that could be considered for him was an extreme case of PTSD and slight depression. The courts were treating Aven as if he were some sick psychopath, which he wasn't.  He was a person— a person with feeling, emotions and a strong family unit behind him.

"Mr. Taylor is violent and he's mentally ill, putting him out there is a risk," Judge Tamir hesitated.

Dieon was on the verge of responding before she was halted by Aven.

The notion of him speaking caught everyone by surprise. He usually set behind and let God decided his fate. He was truly out of touch with everything, especially his emotions.

"Your honor," Aven cleared his throat causing Samantha's heart to palpitate against her chest. She hadn't heard Aven's voice in a little bit over a year. Speaking wasn't something he had been doing lately. He used to just sit and admire his mother's presence whenever she visited him. Samantha and Jhenea were his most frequent visitor and they never made anything awkward when he never uttered a word. They just sat there and caught him up on things. They bought him gifts and told him stories hoping he would bud in and say something.

He never did, but they knew he was Present whenever he would crack a smile or a laugh.

"I know I haven't been the best, but I've broken myself down to the epitome of nothing and built myself up. I've spent a year working on controlling my anger and I'm happy to say I have not one angry vessel in my body. I don't consider my mental state a problem, even though on paper it may seem as if I'm boarder line insane, but I assure you I feel perfectly fine. If you allow me to be in the hands of my family at this moment, I will never be a problem to or this system ever again," Aven pleaded. He wasn't underestimating Dieon's ability of getting him out, he just felt as if maybe things sounded better coming from him.

Judge Tamir states deep into Aven's eyes. He wasn't a cruel judge with the sole motive of ruining everyone's life, he truly wanted to help Aven and make sure to never have him in a situation as such. Many people would consider Aven luck for getting off on murder so easily, but he faced way more than any other murder suspect. A mental institute was nothing easy. It was almost as if he were in a much more crazier jail that always had him in a doped up state.  He honestly didn't remember the last time he went a day without taking medication.