|2.3|

Year One, 12 Months Ago

"You can't keep doing this to me," Jhenea sighed as she watched Anthony sit up in bed. He seemed flushed and drained. She knew the physical pain was the least of his worries right now, he was strictly worried on saying his goodbyes to everyone.

Anthony cleared his throat. "I know,"

"That's it— I know?" Jhenea averted her eyes from the analog clock that hung on the wall over to Anthony.

She eyed him as he lifted his shoulders up before sauntering them back down. "What you want me to say Jhen? I know you ain't fishin' for no apology, but that's all I really have to offer," He exalted out a stress ridden breath of air.

"Where do we go from here?" Jhenea allowed Anthony to make the decision. She was sure that whatever she would have chose would only set him off. To save herself the trouble, Anthony had the ball in his court.

Anthony ran a hand down his face. Although just four days ago he was begging for Jhenea's return, now he was wishing that she never made it back. It's not that she did anything wrong. He was just afraid of getting another chance just to fuck up again. "Let's not talk about that right now." He strayed away from the confrontational conversation.

As much as Jhenea's mind wanted to argue that this was a well needed conversation, her heart imposed her of doing so. Instead she obliged and let the conversation go. He took her hand into his and rose it up to his lips. Applying a subtle kiss onto her hand, he looked her in the eyes. "Regardless of what I say when I'm upset or hurt, I love you Jhenea,"

Twisting her lips to the side, Jhenea did not respond. She nodded her head instead.

Raising his arm up he took a gentle hold of his chin. Guiding her down, he pressed his lips against her's. She convulsed under the show of affection she hadn't received in days. Placing both hands on either side of his bruised face, Jhenea let all the worries in her head vanish.

"You mine forever, remember that," Anthony mumbled against her lips.

Pulling away, tears scorched her eyes. These were her last moment with him.

There would be no more kisses.

No more jokes.

No more talks.

No more hugging and cuddling.

No more petty arguments.

There barely would be any more of a marriage left.

Jhenea was positive that the distance between them would strain them like hell and she knew that she wouldn't be able to handle it.

Staring at him, she took in each detail of his face that she loved so much. "Anthony I have to go,"

Anthony screwed his face up in confusion. "For what?"

"I can't be here knowing this is the last time we do anything— that's just to much for me. I'm sorry," She placed her things into her bag before slinging it over her shoulder.