|2.11|

Year Four, Twelve Months Ago

"My biggest regret is inflicting emotional pain on the people that love me the most," Anthony admitted.

Seated right across from his was Matthew. The prison was currently on lockdown over some chaotic fight that broke out in the yard. Matthew nor Anthony cared to indulge in the prison gossip so they were content with being stuffed into their cells for the rest of the day.

Matthew nodded. "That's some real shit man," He agreed. "That really can hurt the toughest nigga to their core. Maybe that's why I'm cool with people leavin' me,"

Anthony shrugged. "Bein' abandoned don't bother me much, but when that one person who promised they gone stick it out with you through thick and thin dip, then that's when the world got me fucked up," Talks like these were really common for the two. They were able to utilize an unfortunate situation and flip it into an outlet to express themselves the way they couldn't out in the streets. It was nothing better than to vent to someone who experienced exactly what you have.

Matthew reminded Anthony a lot of his father. He was an old head who had a lot of sense and wisdom. Anthony was sure that if he had met Matthew on the outside, he wouldn't have even been locked up.

Matthew chuckled at Anthony's prior statement. To Matt, Anthony definitely was one of the realist young niggas he's met thus far. He believed that Anthony was way beyond his years, but that was expected with the fast life he indulged in.

"The world has me fucked up in way too many situations," Matthew let out. "But I roll with the punches. No other way I can deal with it besides outing myself, and I never been a sucka to consider that,"

Anthony remained silent before running his hands down his face. The thought ran across his mind once or twice so he definitely felt a plunge in his heart when Matthew mentioned it. Anthony's first few years in prison were the darkest times in his life.

No one had the caliber to even attempt to change Anthony horrible outlook of life at the time.

Dealing with the fact that he went from being the support system for everyone to needing support from anyone who even cared, was hard for him. The transition was quick and hasty, inducing thoughts that he never fathomed a day in his life.

With the help of the Bible and prayer, Anthony was able to find the guidance he needed to withdraw all of that darkness out of him.

"I'm guessing your silence and gesticulations mean something, huh?" Matthew eyed him.

Anthony grabbed the limp pillow at the end of his cot and tucked it within his arms. He rested his chin on the pillow somewhat slouching like a child. "That shit in the past," He grumbled.

Matthew shook his head. "It can't be if you actin' like that son,"

"Trust me, it is. I realized I got way too many people to live for,"

"Like who?" Matthew asked. Anthony was a very private person. The most Matthew could get out of him was most likely the situation with Jhenea. And even in that situation, not all things were spilled. Don't get Anthony wrong, he messed with Matthew the long way, but the last thing he needed was his personal business being spread around this prison.