|2.16|

The Present

Sultry and meaningless is what Ashton could describe his night as— at least that's what he wanted to.

He fought to withhold all of his emotion and passion in hopes of never getting them tampered with again.

Ashton's optics were wide open keeping the sight of the ceiling in his focus range. He hadn't glanced to the side of him for a while, he didn't really wanna face his past before she did the walk of shame out of his house.

He didn't even know how it all happened. Everything was really a blur.

Ashton scorned himself for even allowing Morgan to land in his bed again. But how could he not?

She was different. Morgan was accepting of all of him, not just the Ashton he portrayed to the world. Although she's done some fucked up things to him emotionally, he still had that embedded trust with her.

Slowly, he glided his eyes to the right of him. Morgan's eyes were shuddered down, soft snores vented out of her. The duvet did a poor job of covering up her alluring body. Ashton's eyes were attentive to her skin that seemed to illuminate from the morning sunrise that flowed through the crevice of the blinds.

Ashton was ready to write this night off as a mistake, however one side of him wanted it to last forever. Their contact alone had his heart rate inclining, he couldn't even imagine what would happen if she woke up and decided to pick his mind like she's always done in the morning.

She would have him in her hands like easily manipulated puddy if she did that. Her strategy to weaken him definitely worked with her strength of a pretty face and a vast train of thought. 

Ashton cautiously shuffled himself out of bed. The central air within his home rushed through his bare body. With swiftness, he towed to the bathroom where he gently shut the door behind him.

His reflection stared back at him through the mirror. He hung his head low, shaming himself more than anything. "You a sucka'," He insulted himself.

To escape his reality, he entered his escapade, the shower. A jolt of energy prevailed within him as the cold water greeted him.

The temperature gradually inclined to a steamy one after a few minutes. The water pressure relaxed his tense body immediately. He could have stayed in there for hours, but he was soon interrupted. The steam from the shower cached the glass doors allowing him to see a silhouette image of Morgan's body frame.

He could see her arms folded across her chest as she leaned against the sink. Ashton was positive that she was doing the same as he was, staring. She watched his every move just as he did.

As much as he wanted to avoid her, she was making it physically impossible. Morgan was very persistent. She could tell all Ashton wanted to do was avoid conversation, but she was definitely gonna make one arise, she felt obligated too.

"Get out," Ashton ordered her.

She chuckled. "Why should I ?"

Scoffing, Ashton shook his head. She always liked to rebel against him, almost as if it was human nature.

"I don't know Morgan, maybe because we both know this was a mistake," He let the cat out of the bag.

Morgan nonchalant shrugged her shoulders. "Speak for yourself, Ashton,"

"I will." He refuted. "I know this was a mistake," He corrected.

"You wanna tell me that to my face or hide behind the shower door?"