|2.14|

Year Five, 12 Months Ago

Sitting amongst Ashton and Carson, Anthony thanked Jhenea for plating and serving their food. It had been a long day for the men and Jhenea invited Carson and Ashton up for a meal before they went home for some rest.

"Thank you Jhen, a nigga was hungry as fuck," Ashton expressed his gratitude while rubbing his empty stomach.

Anthony had them all out since six in the morning just because they got a new shipment from California. He didn't even have the decency to initiate a break to get something to eat.

"It's not a problem, maybe you guys being here would motivate this man to actually eat his food," She joked while referring to Anthony's scarce eating habits.

Anthony rolled his eyes while eating a spoon of mash potatoes. "You a headass, I swear,"

Leaning down she applied a soft kiss onto his cheek. "I'm kidding babe," She laughed which quickly came to an end once she heard Artist whimpers. "Well that's my que," She grabbed a bottle out of the bottle warmer. "Feel free to leave your dishes in the sink so Anthony could wash, goodnight," She skipped off to the nursery causing both Ashton and Carson to laugh.

Once Anthony heard the door to the nursery shut, he picked up conversation with the guys. "So I was thinkin' about giving half the operation over to Anyul," Anthony let our reluctantly.

It was simply just a thought that he had been swaying towards. He wanted to hear how the guys felt about. He simply couldn't move without them.

He observed as Ashton and Carson eyed one another. They looked a bit stunned. "I mean everything is split three way, so how you gone give up half?" Ashton asked. He had his brow hiked up in a questioning manner as her cut into his chicken breast. He obviously was already against the idea.

"I thought maybe y'all boys would feel the same way?" He shrugged his shoulders.

It had been some months since he had been shot right in front of his doorstep. The thought of loosing Jhenea and his son tore at him each and every day. He never really cared much about his life, he was more so concerned about the people that were in it. He was the support system for so many that he was afraid that if he stayed down, everything would just fall apart.

Carson leaned back in his seat. Without a doubt he completely understood and supported where Anthony was coming from. He would be lying if he said the thought hadn't slipped his mind as well. He would have preferred to leave completely with no strings attached, but whatever and whichever way God provides him he was willing to take.

Just like Anthony, Carson decided on no moves being made without Anthony and Ashton following suit. If they wanted to stick it out for a while, he would do that and if they wanted to just end this shit all tomorrow, he would do that too.

"The whole lookin' over my shoulder every two seconds thing is dead, flipping drugs is kinda dead too. What we doin' is weak minded as fuck," Anthony vented out.

He was finally beginning to realize what everyone around him was trying to make him see. It was as if he was having an epiphany.

Carson nodded his head. "It's getting old, formal,"He agreed. "We honestly don't need no more money, we just doin' this shit just because now," The whole reason behind the operation was to make sure their families never stressed again, it's been years now, everything and everyone was okay. There was no more need to really be out there like they were.

Ashton felt otherwise. This is all he really knew. He was introduced to the fast life at a young age, and never really grew out of it. He never really thought of a back up plan, nor did he think he ever needed one. The only thing he thought he could fall back on was sports, but it was way too late for that.