|2.18|

The Present

"Thank you for comin'," Anthony expressed his gratitude to Jhenea. His hand was gently placed on her thigh causing her to eye it before swatting it away.

Anthony could sense that nothing had changed since their last conversation. Her jaw remains clenched and she served no eye contact to him. He could see the fury within her face. Pain had been substituted by anger and she wanted to raise hell.

Nervously, Anthony eyed his watch. The time read: 2:23 PM.

Jhenea's left leg bounced in an impatient fashion. She was exuding her annoyance for the both of them. Blessing had agreed to be here at 2:00 PM sharp and here she was trailing twenty minutes behind.

On the table, between her and Anthony, his phone vibrated. Her eyes shot down to the screen where a text message from Blessing appeared.

Jhenea rolled her eyes, before reading the text.

Blessing
— Sorry I'm late, be there in five.
Received: 2:25 PM

"You sure can pick'em," Jhenea murmured out in a sly manner.

Anthony scoffed. "I picked you," He retaliated with a remark of his own.

Jhenea agitatedly folded her arms across her chest. "You got lucky hun, trust me,"

Anthony gave her a once over allowing him to gawk at her beauty all over again. She was looking right, as always. She had styled her hair bone straight alluring Anthony even more. Anthony loved the fact that she didn't over do it yet still could remain in the focus of everyone in the room. Her radiant skin contrasted with the coral pink of her dress. By how striking her thigh looked at the slit of the dress, Anthony could tell she had spent a lot of time moisturizing. Her Louis Vuitton shoes match her bag, tying the entire outfit together.

"I did get lucky," Anthony agreed

"I did get lucky," Anthony agreed. "But don't forget how much you lucked up as well," He cockily leaned back.

Jhenea stale faced him before waving him off. "Two baby mommas and a dumb ass husband," She stated. "Yeah, I'm super lucky," Sarcasm laced every word.

Anthony chuckled brushing her off. "Three baby mommas if we count you," He scoffed.

Jhenea mugged him. "I'm the wife not the baby momma, don't ever get that mixed up," She corrected him sassily.

The time they spent going back and forth, Blessing had made it through the door with a young boy trailing behind her.

Blessing's smile fell flat once she noticed Jhenea courting Anthony for the first time he got to meet his son. She didn't feel like it was appropriate for Jhenea to be present. There was a time and a place for everything, Jhenea seemed not to understand that. "I didn't know you were bringing guest," Blessing stared coldly at Jhenea.