|2.28|

The Present,

Anthony pulled Lamont into a tight hug, rocking side to side with him. It felt surreal to see Lamont standing at his regular height, transporting himself on his own feet. Lamont's doctors said that Lamont had the speediest rehabilitations and recovery that they've ever witnessed. He was up and walking and had surround feeling and nerves in both of his legs now. It only took two months of steroids and continuous practice and his limbs reverted back to being strong and mobile.

"That boy fucking walking!" Ashton cheered as he joined in on the hug as well. Although times had been rough within the brotherhood of the friends, Ashton wouldn't have missed this for the world.

Traumatic situations like this called for anger and hatred to be put aside. Lamont was his brother and he didn't give a fuck what happened, he was gonna be there regardless.

"Nigga I feel like I can run a mile right now! Fuck that shit, I'm walking everywhere! To the store, the club—you name it!" Lamont bellowed out in excitement as he paced back and forth.

Anthony and Ashton took a step back allowing him to bask in his excitement. He was moving his legs all about with an ear to ear smile on his face. "Fuck that shit, let me drive! I can do anything!" Lamont jumped on both legs. "Let's fucking go!"

Ashton and Anthony were in hysterical laughter, doubled over, barely able to catch a breath. Lamont was a clown at heart so his excitement automatically came off as funny as well. The way he was walking all crazy, stretching his legs out and jumping up and down, was extremely hilarious and a joyous sight to see. "Fuck that shit, Ashton race me on foot right now! I'm gone smoke your ass!" Lamont stopped his jumping and challenged Ashton to a race.

He knelt down in the starting position of a track runner. Ashton eyed Anthony. "This nigga can not be serious?"

"I think he is bruh," Anthony laughed.

Ashton shrugged before he too got down in the position. "To the street light and back! Stay in your lane you big bitch! Anthony you call it!" Lamont called out as he kept his eyes locked on the light pole at the end of Anthony's street.

Anthony was sure his neighbors were going to write him and his family off as weird and ghetto, but he didn't give a fuck. "Alright. Ready...set...go!" Anthony called immediately causing Lamont and Ashton to jolt up and begin sprinting towards the street light.

Anthony stood behind watching as Lamont shoved Ashton as if he were playing football and he needed to get the touch down. They both reached the street light, but Ashton seemed to be running a bit faster than Lamont.

Lamont was not about to loose, especial on his newly working legs. Without another thought, he snatched Ashton back by his hoodie, sending him tumbling down towards the pavement of the side walk. "Ha! Nigga you fucking thought!" Lamont sprinted past him so he could get to the starting point before Ashton could.

"Yo ass cheated!" Ashton called him out from the ground.

"Nigga I ain't cheat! You just slow!" Lamont panted out with his hands on his knees trying his best to catch his breath.

Lamont felt exhilarating. He was back to himself and he couldn't wish for anything else.

Anthony was in full blown laughter. The amount of noise the three guys were making outside caused Jhenea to come out the house trying to figure out what had just happened. She now stood beside Anthony who was damn near ready to fall out in excessive laughter while Lamont was trying to catch his breath and Ashton was dusting himself off from his fall.

"What is going on?" Jhenea asked looking between the three.

Anthony turned to face her, wiping away the tears from his laughter. "Jhen these niggas funny as fuck,"