|2.13|

Year Five, The Past

The Taylor family was taking lost after lost, it was beginning to feel as if they were playing a very unpredictable game of survivor.

Carson followed behind Ashton, who followed behind Anthony. They were all snazzy in their black and white suites. They only got dressed like this for two occasions, court or a funeral.

Right now, Aaron had just been placed to rest right next to his father. The recent events had taken a toll on the family tremendously.

Every one seemed hurt, Aven, Samantha— everyone, except Anthony.

He showed no emotion. He didn't shed a tear or even accept sympathy. He remained ice cold and emotionless.

"I'll catch y'all later, I gotta go to work," Anthony told his best friends.

Carson and Ashton both look at him with puzzled looks on their faces. "You going to work, today?" Ashton asked for clarification.

Anthony slowly nodded his head. "Yeah, I gotta help my momma pay the bills now that Aaron gone. I'm sure the landlord won't give two fucks about my brother passing," He shrugged his shoulders carelessly.

"Don't you think you need time to grieve?" Carson slyly tried to suggest.

Anthony scoffed. "Son fuck are you talkin' about? Grieving ain't an option for me Carson," He told Carson off.

"Wait— didn't you quit your job a couple of weeks ago?" Ashton blurted out.

Anthony looks at both of them. Although he had been emotionless all day, he seemed to show some type of guilt in his face. "I gotta new job," He lied.

Carson scoffed. He went ahead and closed Anthony's bedroom door before returning to stand next to Ashton. "Nigga cut the shit, what the fuck are you really doing?" Carson folded his arms across his chest.

"None of y'all fuckin' business," Anthony spat at them as he undid the tie around his neck.

Ashton sighed. "Man you operate differently and that shit annoyin' at times. We get that we could never understand what you goin' through, but at the end of the day as yo' homies we can help out," He explained.

Anthony stepped aside and headed towards his closet. He extended his arms up and clutched a shoebox in his hand. Tossing it onto the bed, the shoebox opened up revealing the contents. "Y'all gone help out with that?" Anthony clenched his jaw. Anthony felt as if he was fighting this fight alone, no one could aid him. Hearing all this from his two best friends did rub him the wrong way.

Ashton and Carson stare down at the half pound of weed that was vacuum sealed shut.

Each one of the guys grew up differently. They were all revealed to different things. Ashton wasn't new to this at all. He had seen it so much, it was practically normal. He never really partook I'm selling it but he definitely knew that's what type of time Anthony was on.

Carson in the other hand wasn't revealed to as many things as Anthony and Ashton has. His mother and fathered sheltered him. This was all new to him.