|2.2|

Year One, 12 Months Ago

The rays of the sun welcomed Jhenea and Artist as she carried him out of the car. They had arrived to their new home and a feeling of emptiness immediately washed over her. She couldn't understand why it happened so sudden, or why it was even happening at all.

Pushing that to the side, she entered the home basking in it modern day decor.

Unpacked boxes were lined up neatly against the wall causing Jhenea to sigh, she hated unpacking.

"Ugh where is Lamont when I need him?" She groaned out at the thought of having to do it all alone with Artist needing her attention every second of the hour.

After two hours of entertaining Artist until he got sleepy, Jhenea eventually went to go unpack. She started with the smaller things before elevating to the clothing and necessities.

Tearing the tape off of the box marked as photos, she opened it up. Underneath styrofoam she put in the box for the protection of the picture frames, a picture of her and Anthony caught her eye.

The sight of him smiling with her on his back kissing his cheek caused her to crack a small smile. The smile was short lived once she thought back to the last conversation they had. Just a few hours ago, he was begging for her to come back so he could have the chance to fix it all. Jhenea declined. Not because she didn't want to fix things, but because she wouldn't be able to face him knowing he was dragging himself down into a pit of darkness. She'll begin to feel guilty as if she drove him to that point. She simply wouldn't be able to handle it.

Her sadness eventually subsided as she forced herself to focus solely on unpacking. "Maybe some music would make me go faster." Jhenea thought to herself while she rummaged through Artist's diaper bag. She found her phone at the bottom of bag completely off. Powering it on, she was blown away at how many phone calls and text she had missed.

They were flooding in back to back causing her to not be able to focus on one text message at a time. Once her phone stopped buzzing back to back, she finally unlocked it and checked her text messages first.

Dieon
- Call me now!
Received 4:30 PM

Lamont
- Jhenea I know you see your phone, it's an emergency get at me when you see this.
Received 4:30 PM

Samantha
- Anthony needs you right now Jhenea, he's hurt.
-We just got him to the hospital. Where are you?
Received 4:30 PM

Jhenea's breath took an immediate halt. She had just spoken to Anthony a few hours ago and he managed to land himself in the hospital.

She frantically dialed Samantha's number awaiting for an answer which she got immediately. "What's going on?! What do you mean hospital?! I literally just spoke to him!" Jhenea rushed out all in one breath.

"He got in an accident on the interstate, his car flipped over. He's not too hurt, but he does have a few cuts and bruises. He's expected to wake up in a few hours." Samantha explained to her daughter in law. She didn't know what Jhenea and her son had going on, but it was completely irrelevant at the moment. All she was worried about was her son's well being.