|2.25|

The Present,

Jhenea had a strong urge to get up and be productive. She hadn't felt this good in a while so she took full advantage. She waddled around the kitchen cooking various breakfast items as the baby squirmed around in her stomach. "Alright I'll slow down you brat," Jhenea muttered playfully. She knew the sudden burst of energy was shocking to the baby since she had been down in the dumps for a long period of time.

"Who you talking to?" Jhenea turned away from the stove and was faced with Lamont who had an amused expression etched on his face.

"No one," She laughed. "Why are you up so early?" Usually, Jhenea would have to bang on his bedroom door to get him up at a decent time.

"I felts some freaky shit in my right leg the other night so I called my doctor so he wants to see me ASAP," Lamont explained with a chuckle.

Jhenea raised a brow at him. "You felt something?"

Lamont yielded her urge to burst into excitement by holding up his hand. "Calm your pregnant ass down, it could've just been a spasm, that's why I'm going to the doctor," Lamont really didn't want to get his hopes up. Truthfully, it was his fourth time actually feeling something in both of his legs, but he was so in denial. After feeling something the other night, he just knew he wasn't tripping so he decided to set something up with his doctor.

"But, what if it's not just a spasm?" Jhenea raised an optimistic brow with a smile.

Lamont laughed with a shake of his head. He didn't know why he expected Jhenea to not get too excited by this. "Then I'm gone be pimp walking my ass around this bitch again,"

They both cheered with laughter before Lamont convinced her not to get her hopes up.

"Are you waiting in Anthony?" Jhenea asked him as she turned her attention back to the skillet on the burner.

Lamont cleared his throat as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Nah, Jai sliding through," He murmured.

Jhenea eyes widened before she turned on her heels. "You just said Jai?"

"C'mon Jhen don't make this awkward," Lamont shook his head. "This why nobody like telling you stuff, you extra,"

"What? I am not extra," She protested.

"You're being extra now," He pointed out.

Jhenea scoffed. "Well how the hell do you expect me to react? You just told me you're feeling shit in your legs now, and Jai is sliding through," She mocked him causing him to let out a laugh.

"Bye Jhen, my rides outside," He started his way out of the kitchen.

"Your girlfriend!" Jhenea called after him with the correction.

"That's a reach," He responded before she heard the front door shut and lock.

Jhenea shook her head. "They're getting back together, I call it," Jhenea spoke to herself.

It took her another fifteen minutes for completely finish breakfast and by then, Artist and Junior were fully awake. "You two brushed your teeth?" Jhenea asked after greeting them good morning.

Simultaneously they nodded their heads. Jhenea sure eyed them playfully. "I don't believe it, show me proof,"

They laughed before grinning ear to ear showcasing their pearly whites. "Alright have a seat and I'll have breakfast for you guys in a second,"

Junior and Artist slid into their seats at the island and Jhenea served them with their own plates or breakfast. She gave them both a tall glass of apple juice, sufficing their early morning hunger and thirst.