|2.22|

The Present,

"Of fucking course," Jhenea sighed as she looked down at the positive pregnancy test.

She had been suspected the signs of her being pregnant again, but she was trying her best to deny it, the in denial stage basically.  She didn't bother to take as many test as she took for Artist since she knew the results was pretty accurate. "You really need to get on some birth control," She told herself while popping the cap back onto the pregnancy test then washing her hands.

After drying her hands and tucking the rest into the front pocket of her sweats, she exited the bathroom.

She came face to face with Anthony causing her breathing to hitch. "Why you tip toeing around and acting like you just got finished doing something you wasn't supposed to be doing?" Anthony chuckled as she held her hand over her chest.

He had just gotten back from therapy with Lamont and he was was in a good mood. Lamont was being more vocal and open this time around. He even took it upon himself to ask for help when he needed it. It was like after he seen the cold shoulder everyone was giving him after he blew up, he realized he was being a tad bit ungrateful.

Jhenea waved him off once she calmed herself down. "You need to stop popping up on people,"  She told him.

Anthony nodded before wrapping his arms around her. "I'm sorry baybeh'. You good though, you look aggravated?"

Jhenea wouldn't describe her mood as aggravated, she more so felt overwhelmed. This was baby number two and as much as she loved her kids, just Artist alone was a handful so adding another was just gonna be a whole mess. Plus, the family wasn't really in the right space to be welcoming a new baby. Anthony has just found out about little Anthony. Jhenea felt like God was just throwing kids at him. Also now that Lamont was in his condition, Anthony was taking care of him too.

Jhenea didn't want this baby coming into bad energy is what she was really focused on.

She knew it was because of her own negligence since she had stopped taking her birth control pills after being on them for only a few months—without the consent of Anthony. She honestly thought they've been pretty safe— he was in prison for 5 years!

Jhenea shook her head yeah, confirming that she was okay. "I actually just have to talk to you,"

Anthony nodded. "Well I'm all ears mamas," He kissed her cheek.

"Alrighty then we should head down stairs since you may need a seat for this one," She lead the way out of the hall and down the stairs.

Anthony remained behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist sneaking as much kisses as he could. Artists bypassed them causing a playful look of disgust to merge onto his face. Both Jhenea and Anthony chuckled before they reached the kitchen, the go to place for them to talk.

Anthony sat across from her giving her the space she needed to process what she was going to say. "You just gone stare at a nigga of let it out?" He placed a kiss on her knuckles causing her face to heat up. It's like lately, all he's been managing to do was make her blush. Anthony has been a sunshine of new energy and Jhenea just loved it. His change was not only impactful to himself, but onto other's as well.

Jhenea sighed before grabbing a napkin off of the decorative roll and placed it flat down on the counter. "Close your eyes," She directed him.

He raised a skeptical brow, but nonetheless he shut his eyes. "You ain't get me no unexpected pet or nothin'?" He asked.

Jhenea stifled out a laugh. "Something along those lines," She hinted as she set the pregnancy test down on to the napkin.

Sliding it closer to him, she covered her mouth to restrain her laughs before telling him to open his eyes. This pregnancy was being taken lighter than the one she had with Artist. Jhenea was still petrified of carrying since she would always be deemed as high risk, but she knew she could get through it. She and Anthony were in a good place in life. They were working on their marriage and themselves. She knew this pregnancy was definitely sudden and real unexpected, but this is probably what they needed to seal the deal.