|2.8|

Year Three, 12 Months Ago

London..... a new start.

At least that's what Morgan's intentions were. She hated the feeling of being under everyone's radar back in New Orleans. The tarnished name Carson left for the family seemed to not bother anyone more than it bothered Morgan.

She hated the stares, the constant pointing, the whispering, and even the damn questions. It frustrated her beyond return which landed her in a place she always use to dream of.

Morgan's first year in London was definitely her working her ass off. She made many connections and was able to get a tight-knit contract with a record label. She wasn't ready to showcase the beautiful voice she kept hidden yet, so she stayed on the sidelines and wrote hits for people.

To refrain her past from catching up to her, she held out on using the name Morgan and presented herself as Solana. The stage name fit her style and presence and no one ever doubted it.

When she wasn't scratching her pen against a paper, she was being a voice for people who had HIV. She preached about safe sex, abstinence, and getting tested. She was making a really good name for herself out in London. Not only was that exciting, but it was also frightening. She was beginning to break barriers in her success which could result in her becoming a worldwide face, instead of just local.

London not only came with strong success but also one hell of a personal life. Morgan found herself in love.

Nicky whisked her right off her feet and made her feel as if she was floating. He catered to her every need and loved her like no other. He was also HIV positive so they understood each other. Although he didn't quite feel comfortable enough to speak out about it, he loved what Morgan was doing for the people that were facing the same issues he and Morgan were facing.

Nicky was an overseas basketball player that was currently playing for a Lithuanian team. He made a popular face for himself so he was pretty much everywhere. If people didn't know Morgan for being herself, they definitely knew her for being Nicky's woman.

"I have to go back to Lithuania, I'll see you in three weeks," Nicky peered down at her. Standing at 6'7 his height was untouchable.

Morgan nodded. "That's so long," Her bottom lip stuck out in a pout causing him to let out a chuckle.

Leaning down, he pecked her lips twice. "I know boo, however you know we both have busy schedules. It could have been earlier, but you refuse to take a break,"

Morgan sighed. "A break means a halt in money and that's something I'm not ready for," She shook her head.

"Oh really," Nicky laughed while grasping her up by her waist. Her feet dangled from the ground while he held her up to his eye level. "My fiancé thinks money is gonna stop if I have a say in it?"

"Fiancé?" Morgan raised a brow.

Nicky nodded before setting her down. "Fiancé," He reiterated. Reaching into his Supreme duffel bag that hung off his shoulder, he fished out an emerald green suede box."I wanted to surprise you, but I didn't want to leave for Lithuania without making you my fiancé first,"