|2.15|

Year Five, Present

"Boy you ain't the only Taylor that use to ball, I shoulda been NBA status," Anthony boasted to Artist. They had thought of everything under the sun to do just for one day and now they were out in the back yard playing basketball.

Anthony was playing nice since he was only five, he didn't want to leave his own son in tears. "You're not tall enough," Artist shot at him.

Anthony stopped dribbling the ball. "What? I am tall enough. You like two feet tall," Anthony trash talked back.

"Nuh uh, I'm taller than you," Artist places his hands on his hips before jolting himself up on his tippy toes.

Anthony laughed. "You a miniature version of me, watch out," Anthony began dribbling the ball slowly.

"Yeah right," Artist waves off.

Anthony burst out into a fit of laughter. This kid was beyond his years sometimes and it amazed him. His son reminded him so much of himself and Jhenea that he couldn't help but to laugh. "Man you won," Anthony tossed the ball to him still laughing.

Artist smirked before turning around and pitching the ball towards the hoop. It hit the backboard before settling through the net nicely. "Mr. Taylor and little Mr. Taylor, its time to eat," Jhenea called for their attention from the sliding back door of the home.

"What you cook?" Artist questioned as he pushed his hair out of his face.

Jhenea raised an intimidating brow. "Excuse me?"

"Son, this kid is a comedy special," Anthony continued to laugh.

"Get your butt in here before I come out there and beat you at your own game," She teased.

Artist let the ball go before grabbing his father's hand and leading him back into the house. "Go wash your hands silly," Jhenea ruffled Artist's hair.

Anthony bypassed her and headed straight to the sink as Artist has done. They both washed their hands before drying them. "It's just us?" Anthony asked as he noticed that she had only set three plates.

Jhenea nodded. "Lamont is out, Jai's in Atlanta and Xander couldn't stay," She explained.

Anthony nodded before Artist dragged him off to take a seat at the dining table. Jhenea went around the table playing both Anthony's and Artist's food before doing her own last. She served the drinks right after. Finally, she took a seat and the three grabbed hands and allowed Artist to say a short prayer.

"Thank you by the way," Anthony looked up from his plate.

Jhenea sighed. "It's nothing," She shrugged off.

Artist looked between the both of them. Jhenea tried her best to keep herself emerged in her food while Anthony stared straight at her. She paid him no mind. "Can I excuse myself to go to the bathroom?"

Jhenea nodded her head. "Yeah baby, go right ahead,"

Artist slid out of his seat before pushing the chair in. He scurried off to the bathroom leaving his parents alone for a moment.