|2.10|

Year Four, 12 Months Ago

Carson pulled his sister into a deep embrace. She seemed so broken, almost disconnected from the world. For the past few months, she had grown into the darkest person he's known. Usually, she was so carefree and light-hearted.

"I'm so sorry," She sobbed.

Carson couldn't even act like he didn't want to blame what she had gone through on her. He couldn't find it within himself to console her with the usual, "It's not your fault," and "Everything was going to be okay,"

He knew for damn sure he couldn't promise his little sister that things were going to be okay. He was positive that things were going to shift in her life and it wouldn't be for the better. "Mo just pray about it, that's all you can really do," He sighed out while running her fingers through her hair.

"If I can't forgive myself, what makes you think God will forgive me?" She damped his designer shirt with tears.

Carson exalted out an exasperated breath. "Mo to be honest with you, I don't know, I lost touch wit' God a long time ago, this is something you gone have to figure out on your own,"

"I trusted him!" She wailed out.

Carson shook his head. "Not everyone is supposed to be trusted and you know that," He preached to his sister.

Morgan had just come out to him about her transmitted illness. The truth was so bad that Carson honestly wished that she downright lied to him about what had been bothering her for so long.

At first, he was raging in anger. He wanted to knock down any and everything that stood in his path to get to Sam. Then after a while, he grew to sympathize for his sister. Morgan was sold that she had bad luck. Nothing else could change that.

First, it was the loss of her father, then her mother was battling a terminal illness, now here she was now HIV positive.

"Carson I can't tell mama,"

Carson sighed. Morgan has been dealing and hiding this secret for about a month now. Within that month, Carson witness firsthand how her life began to spiral out of control.

He knew if she hid this from anyone any longer so would sink in depression. "Morgan you gotta tell her, that's not even an option,"

"Carson she cannot know! I don't want her looking at me differently," She protested. Morgan who had dealt with years worth of insecurities while she was younger was always concerned about her image. She cared about what people thought of her. If people didn't think of her as perfect, it was detrimental to her.

While she was younger, her father filled her head up with perfection. She was always his perfect baby girl who could do no wrong.

Morgan now felt like a huge disappointment not only to herself but to her father as well.

She had finally done a wrong in her life and there was absolutely nothing she could do to fix it or even cover it up.

Morgan remained silent. Her tears had drained all the energy she had left meaning she no longer could protest against Carson.