|2.6|

Year Two, The Past

Lamont shamefully knocked on the door with his head hung low. He hated that he had to come to these terms, but he knew this was a place he could always run to.

"Lamont, why you out here at this time of night?" Samantha immediately pulled him into the home and away from the night's cold wind. "Anthony is sound asleep since he came from work, what brings you by?"

Lamont rubbed the back of his neck in pure embarrassment. "Uh I'll just leave and come back tomorrow," He stated beginning to turn around to head back out of the door.

Samantha grabbed Lamont's arm. "And go where? Boy gone ahead and get comfortable, I'll go get you some covers," She pushed him over to the couch. "It ain't no California king, but it'll hold you over for the night," She chuckled before going to retrieve the covers.

Coming back, she set the couch up for him before he laid down. "Anything you wanna talk about?" She raised a brow looking down at him.

Lamont sighed. "Maybe tomorrow,"

Samantha nodded. "Alright, you sleep well now," She went ahead and shut the lights before heading back to her bedroom. Immediately Lamont fell asleep once his head hit the pillow

After a full eight hours through the night, the morning action bustled through the home. "Lamont get yo' silly ass up," Anthony smacked him on his face. "We gotta go to school," Anthony didn't bother to ask Lamont when did he come in and why he was even there at all. None of that really mattered as long as he was safe and okay.

Lamont fought the urge of drowning back into his sleep and finally got up. Now sitting, he looked Anthony up and down. He was fully dressed to start the day and a 2 year old Payton graced his arms with her head on his shoulders. "We late?" Was the first thing Lamont muttered out.

Anthony shook his head. "Nah, I had to get up early to drop Payso off at my aunt's, go get ready so you can come with me,"

Stretching, Lamont stood up. He then began folding the sheets Samantha provided him with. "We better not be walkin ' cause yo' auntie live far as hell from here," He shook his head causing Anthony to chuckle.

Anthony shook his head no before fishing in his pocket and extracting a car key. "Where you got that from?" Lamont asked.

Anthony shrugged, "Don't worry about it, but hurry yo' ass up,"

Lamont opted out on asking any more questions before getting ready. After taking a shower and getting dressed, the boys were out the door. Lamont sat in the front seat of the '07 Mazda while Anthony strapped Payton in her car seat.

After, Anthony got in and backed out of the driveway. Being nosey, Lamont opened the glove compartment and pulled out the registration. "Oh you ain't shit," Lamont laughed. "I know you ain't drivin' yo' baby momma car!"

Anthony chuckled. "It's just for today bitch, I'll give her the whip back when she get off work,"

"You're a scrub," Lamont laughed. The rest of the ride was silent between the two as the radio played the latest song.

Anthony eventually pulled up to his aunt's house where he dropped Payton off. Getting in the car, he started the way to school. "I gotta tell you somethin," Lamont glanced over to Anthony.