|2.29|

The Present,

Morgan entered Ashton's penthouse scanning her eyes all over. Like always, Ashton's decor was gorgeous and the home always felt warm and home like despite him living alone and how big it was. "What bitch helped you decorate?" Morgan looked over her shoulder with a raised brow.

Ashton shook his head at her. Morgan was wild. "Not you," He retorted while stepping out of his shoes.

Morgan scoffed. "That was supposed to hurt my feelings?"

Ashton shrugged his shoulders. "It looks like it did. Fix your face,"He brushed past her, entering the penthouse completely.

Ashton could hear Morgan's heels clicking behind him. Her strut was slow, she seemed to be taking in her surroundings. "Ashton," Morgan called behind him causing him to halt his walking.

He looked over his shoulder at her before turning around. "What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry about my behavior tonight. I really should have let you handle her and not add more gas to the fire," Morgan apologized, something she hated doing. Instead of looking him in the eyes, she looked down at her manicured hands, fumbling with them.

Ashton peered his eyes down at her. "What you did back at the club was too much and if you know me as well as you claim you do, you know I don't affiliate myself with nothing that's extra," He came down at her which confused Morgan since what she did compared to Parker's behavior was light. However, she knew better than to voice that. She just let him go on. "You trying to taunt what we have going on to Parker is useless cause I ain't your man. You in the same boat as her, the only difference between the both of you is that I love you, and I enjoy having you around. Don't make me regret that," Ashton always kept things transparent and out in the open when it came to his dealings with women. He didn't want Morgan thinking they were something they wasn't. She could do as she pleased just as he could do as he pleased.

"Well if you love me, why don't you treat me like it?" Morgan spat out with her arms folded across her chest. All of her life she had to remain tough, which is why she acted so unbothered by a lot of things. Being with Ashton caused her to loosen up, but she somehow managed to fuck that up just like she fucked up everything else.

Ashton shook his head. "I don't wanna have this talk with you for the millionth fucking time," He turned on his heels continuing his way to his bedroom.

Morgan marches behind him. "Why not?!"

"Because Morgan!" Ashton shouted back in return. She was stunned by the fact that Ashton raised his voice at her. Seeing the appalled look etched on her face, Ashton immediately softened up. "Shit never change with you. You want me to pour my heart out to you so you could know how much leverage you have over me. I'm not trying to deal with that,"

"I've changed," Morgan let out hoping that would account for something.

Ashton shook his head with a scoff. "You expect me to believe that? You still out here doing irrational shit. Let's not forget, you're fucking married Morgan," He reminded her.

Morgan felt like a ton of brick had toppled down on her. Throughout her stay in New Orleans she was able to distract herself long enough to forget all about her second life out in London. Nicki was beginning to fade away as a distant memory. With Ashton being back, she almost had no recollection of her failed marriage. "What do you want from me Ashton? I came crawling back, give you sex, and admitted to you a plethora of times that I feel the same way. I can't help the fact that my other situation is hindering me from living how you want me to," Morgan argued out in frustration.