Ch27 Brothers

"I will not, because your father needed me to help him."

"What do you mean?"
"Uncle James took me along with him to ensure he's not too rough on Nick."

"Well it's his fault. I would have killed Nick if I were him!"
"Exactly, sir."

He moved his head in confusion.
"You didn't give Nick a chance to explain. Let me, please."
He walked back in anger and sat on the same seat.

I couldn't believe that actually worked! It's magical how Killer shuts his mouth whenever uncle's name is taken.
"Nick committed a crime? Y-" I started, but..
"Yes! And I'll never forgive him for that."

"Yes he did. And guess what sir? He's regretting it more than you can imagine. He tried to punish himself. He never went to apologise to uncle, because he's too ashamed for something that he did out of love and anger and helplessness.
He couldn't live with that weight, he couldn't concentrate on anything. He was holding it till the match yesterday, and it brought him down. Broke him into pieces.
He can't get himself together, so he asked your father to help him.
You know what he's got himself into, now? "

"What? " he snapped, looking down, with a red running nose, still angry.

"He'll be undergoing fumes for six nights straight!"

"Holy **ck!" He said while covering his face with his palms and rubbing it up and down.
"Why? WHY?!" He got up and stormed back in.
He went and held Nick's neck with his right hand, about to strangulate him.

"Why would you do that Nick? How could you be such a loser? How can you goof up so much? Answer me!"
He was shaking Nick's head with each question. It was then, when i realised, that he's really strangulating him.
Nick tried to remove Killer's hand using both of his own hands, but couldn't. Gasping for air "I... I'm sorry.. I couldn't lose you.. "

Killer realised what he's doing and moved away in a jolt. Nick coughed out and wheezed some air in.
"I still have nightmares of you bleeding behind those bars, lifeless. I thought I lost you. I.. I.. can't imagine being without the two of you. But...
I shouldn't have done it. It must have hurt him even more, me blaming him, it must be unbearable. Still he forgave me. That's how great he is. I dont deserve such kindness. I deserve to be paid for my deeds. And that's what I'm doing now... After this is over... You also forgive me please.. "
Both were having tears flowing from their eyes. They both were looking in different directions.

Killer rubbed his face, and faced him.
He slapped him lightly. Nick tried to stop him when Killer pulled his hand behind his back and twisted it.
Nick cried out in pain "Willy.. Don't don't. My bones are fragile right now you sucker... Aghhh... Sorry... Please please.. Ughhh stop please!"
"Don't show me your sorry face for next six days Nick."
"Okay okay.. Fine! Ugh my arm.. Let it go..!"
He let go of his arm and Nick soothed his arm with other hand, breathing deeply.
Killer turned and started leaving.

"What if I die in this time, it's very likely, you know. I'll have to leave for hell without meeting you one last time." Nick shouted at Killer.

"I won't let that happen. Your punishment is due."
He said to Nick, without turning back.
Nick opened his mouth to argue but nothing came out. Just a little smile.