Ch65 Let's Begin!

"See you in twenty days." and the call was cut.

Killer was spot jogging, and had started to become breathless.
Without giving him a break, uncle asked "I assume you have an explanation ready, as to why you did, what you did?"

Question was crystal clear.
Answer must be clear too, but consequences were not.
A 'no' will get him nothing less than hell.
But a 'yes' might give him an opportunity to survive, or be an offence bigger than the crime itself. Hell would look like a better option, in that case.

"Yes sir." he replied crisply.
"Good. I'll give you twenty minutes to think over it again. Is that enough? Or you want more time?"
Boy! Uncle is giving him time to prepare an explanation. Damn.

He hurriedly replies "Twenty minutes are enough sir."
"Good. Miss Jane-" This shook me.
I wasn't expecting my name anywhere in this conversation.

"Yes, yes?"
"You mind watching my boy for twenty minutes? I have a small task at hand." he asked me politely.

"Okay uncle...?"
"All you have to do is count the number of jogs randomly in one minute. You can write it if you want."
That was all he said and Killer almost doubled his speed of jogging.

"Okay Uncle." I said again.
He looked at his boy one last time, top to bottom, and then left.
You could see Killer hold his breath for that one moment.

I wrote down a few timings.
I didn't know how good or bad they were. But one thing was sure, Killer was doing his level best to keep his speed constant, even though he was barely breathing.

Uncle came back.
Without saying a word he took the paper from my hand, looked at it, folded it, and kept in his pocket.

"So, I was saying.." he said, turning towards Killer, causing him to shiver head to toe, "Your explanation is ready?"
"Ye- yes sir." he said while jogging.

"You're sure it will get you out of the doom?"
Killer hesitated once "No sir."
Wow! So, no matter what he speaks, nothing can help him, and he knows that.

"Thought so. Back to Burpees. Move now!" he shouted, and clearly dismissed the explanation, without even listening a word of it.
Killer dropped in a moment, and continued from where he was paused, because of that one call.

Spot jog was his third workout since the beginning, first being the morning run and second being half of the burpees, and what a sight it was.
He was sweaty, panting and looked terrible.

Finally when he was done with 'Z', he stood straight breathless.
Uncle went very close to him and said calmly "We have just started, and you look pathetic. How are you going to pay if this is your state?"

Killer said nothing but looked down.

"Ten rounds for warm up. Count time for each. Go."
Killer left for a 'warm up' workout of ten bloody rounds. Not just his legs, but his brain will also be paining by the time he's done.

I used this chance to save Nick's ass.
"Uncle.."
But before I could say anything, Louis entered the scene. He had gone for his medicals and documentations the day TETs started, and came back from HQ last night.
This time he's not the officiating Commander, but just a staff member to fill Nick's space.

"You are..." uncle started without looking at him "... Twelve minutes late."
shit! This is his first meeting after coming back, and he is already in trouble.

"It won't happen again, sir!" he said, trying to convince him.
"You let him check my confidentials." Uncle said, as if reading news. It wasn't a question, but a statement.
Damn Nick, you're gone!