Ch86 Hi And Bye

"But why?!"
I asked uncle, irritated.

"Because he didn't do as ordered."
Came his cold reply while he walked away.

"He was told by you to teach me basic self defence. Didn't he do that?"
"Not exactly."

"Come on! He taught me everything I did today! It's all because of him!"
"It was because of the good reflexes you have, and not him."

"What do you mean?"
"He didn't teach you as seriously as he was supposed to."

"So he can teach me now. Why this punishment?"
"Jane." uncle stopped walking and turned towards me.

"You wanted to learn something?"
"Yes I did, and still want to. But -"

"Then he will teach you. How when and where is upto him. He knows better than slacking in his job."
He said angrily.

Before I could speak anything else he brought his index finger up and finished the conversation.
"He will be marching whole night. Whatever you say to defend him, will not change that, rather, might add. Anything else you want to talk about?"

That was his Colonel tone that he just used on me.
I nodded a no and he left.

Meanwhile Killer crossed us in full combat gear. Poor man is going to stay awake all night. I felt terrible, realising his state is because of me.
Though he told me not to care about him, but still I tried to talk Uncle out of this.

"Go sleep." I heard Killer say loudly.
Like I could do that. My adrenaline was still high from the action.

*******

"Eyes!"
His voice echoed and I kept looking straight as he had ordered.

Ethan was looking at me attentively. He was waiting for my move to tackle me. I stayed calm remembering all the fights I've seen here.
I waited for him to lose patience, but that bugger didn't budge.

We kept moving round and round when I gave up. I moved a step ahead and without giving me a chance to make a move, he bent down. Firmly placing his foot on my foot, he caught hold of both my arms from under me and threw me back.
Thank god for the mat, otherwise I would have broken my jaw within five seconds of the fight. I rolled twice and something stopped me from going further.

Opening my eyes, I saw Killer helping me stand back up. I got back to the mat and swore to be careful here onwards.

The rounds started again and this time he was the one to give in first. He took two slow steps towards me.
Keeping whole of his figure in my sight, I looked into his eyes.
In a flick, his eyes moved towards my left foot and suddenly his whole body bent down and his hands reached for my foot.

I had expected this. Right before his hands could touch me, I stepped back, fell on his back, and caught him in a choke.

He stayed frozen for a second but suddenly took a turn and this time his elbow was on my neck while both his knees pinned my hands.

While I struggled to get loose, Uncle said in a disappointed tone.
"So you didn't teach her to always keep an eye on the enemy, to go for the kill without wait, and to cover her face all the time."

That's not true!
"He did!" I said from the ground defending someone other than me.

"Doesn't look like that, girl."
His eyes had the darkest shade of black which immediately shut me.

This is not going to be good.
I used all my power and jerked my abs up, hitting his lower back, causing Eth to lose his balance.
His knees barely moved and rolled over my wrists. I cried out in pain because of the sudden pressure but struggled to get tiniest of space. His imbalance almost broke my bones but gave me a small gap and I slipped my hands free.
Pushing his chest hardly, I got him off me and rolled over again. His eyes went wide in surprise. He definitely didn't see that one coming.