Ch67 Meeting Part 1

Jane's POV-

We entered the hall to see two men.
One lean, slim, fit one was standing, and second, huge, bulky, was pushing on floor, almost kissing the other guy's feet.
The lean one was shouting and cursing the huge one, and the huge one was trying to get faster at his words.

It looked like a badly written script of a low budget movie.
Who puts a lean man as a trainer and a hulk as a student?

But I guess Mr. Hulk is Mr. Kadner, because as soon as he saw us, he stopped pushing and got up.
He stomped each of his foot once and gave a tight salute and stood in attention.
Only after he stood still, I noticed him.
The amount of dark blue on his light blue t shirt, because of sweat, told me he has been sweating for an hour, if not more.

His breaths were really short, and lips dry. Sweat was dripping from his nose and ears.
He had dark circles under his eyes. Poor man looks sleep deprived.

But there was something in that face.
He looks absolutely terrified, looking at the person standing in front him. But he also looked happy. Like he is his last hope to something. It's like a sword that you carry with you. You're scared it will cut you into pieces, but you still feel safe in its presence.

The lean man smirked and said "I've been here for months, and all I get is Hoo-yah, huh Prescott?"

Uncle let out a little laugh and turned towards the lean guy.
"That's my boy!" he said proudly, offering a hand to him.
The other guy shook Uncle's hand and it looked like a 'powerful shake of hands'.
"Colonel James"
"Chief Darhk"
They called out each others' names as if they were thick friends.

"Good to see you Kadner. Now who told you that you could get up? Drop back and get up only when he tells you to rise and shine." Uncle says in one go.

Kadner without wasting a second says "Yes sir" and drops back.

"Damn. I'd slice your neck for such long hair, boy." Uncle laughs.
"UI, sir." Kadner says still pushing and counting, but smiling like a teenage guy.

"Your boy has prepared himself well, for this meeting. Make the most of it, Colonel." Darhk says, laughing.
"That's what I intend to do, Chief." Uncle said with a laser glare on Kadner, making him cringe his nose.

After discussing about each others' workplaces and weather, while Kadner pushes non stop, Uncle looks at me and says, "Oh, I forgot the introductions. The lady with us is Miss Jane"

"And what brings you in the company of these men, Miss Jane?"

"A short stay till my father is on foreign posting"

"That is great. You are in extremely good hands"

"The boys here are Major Louis, one of my boys and Major Wills, my son"

Chief turns towards Prescott and speaks, "These are the boys you told me about?"

Mr. Kadner's lips twitch a little but his face remains poker intact when he speaks, "Yes, Chief."

Chief turns towards Louis and looks him up and down, "He does look like that, Prescott." and laughs. Louis gives a formal smile, clearly wanting to run away from here.

Mr. Kadner releases a small chuckle but says nothing. Chief walks towards Killer and pats him on his shoulder so hard, he almost falls forward, "It is nice to finally meet you. How's the training going, Major?"

Killer gave that look 'who are you, how do you know me, oh i have to greet you because you know my father' reply, sitting a little straighter, "It is nice to know you too, sir. The training is going good, sir"