Ch49 Yes Boss

"Apologies Boss."
He moved to the platform to find three missed calls on his mobile, while still listening to the curses from the other end.
.
"His phone was on silent, Boss."
.
"Yes Boss."
.
"Permission to-"
A gulp
"Yes Boss."

We were all looking at Killer, but I guess I was the only one seriously judging him.
Who is Boss?
What's happening?

He waited for the call to get cut from the other end while Nick rubbed his sweaty palms over each other.

"He's coming here tomorrow evening." Killer said as a matter of fact.
"What?!" Nick looked little worried.

"Colonel's visit got postponed. He'll have to stay there for few more days. They sent the first officer available at the Headquarters, as the OC."
"Which is major Louis?" Ren asked.
Killer just nodded.

"Brother, arrange some TD for both of us and run. He'll take his debt this time, with seven years of interest added." Nick said.
"We have to face him one day."

That name sounds familiar. I've heard it somewhere.
"One last shot each, before we wrap up?" Ren tried to get everyone back in the party mode.

It sort of worked, because the brothers nodded and Flynn got three shots ready, without fire this time.

They gulped down the bitter drink, rubbed lemons on their tongue and made those disgusting faces.

"Let's go."
Let's go? Where?
Is there anything left to do?

I was feeling dizzy. But weekend mood took over me, and I followed them to the roof of main building. We were sitting under the starry sky.
Chilly wind blew Ren's hair away from her face and moonlight made her look even more beautiful if that was possible.

Flynn got me and Ren a blanket each.
I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, but Ren cursed him.

"I'm not weak!" Flynn just laughed joined by Nick and Killer.
Nick took the blanket from his hands and wrapped it around her against her little efforts.

It was pure joy I was feeling right now.
Such peace.
Hanging my feet off the edge of this roof, while Nick held my arm tightly.
It was a sweet gesture, specially when he couldn't sit properly.
We were all drunk youngsters.
Well atleast I am still a youngster, and the rest three were crazy drunk.

"You should go back now." Killer started while he laid on the floor.
"Let her be. She's safe." Nick said while tightening his grip on my arm with his eyes still closed.
I smiled to myself with my own eyes shut.

I was about to fall asleep when Nick pulled me back. "Die another day Miss Jane. Let me survive atleast." I knew he meant Killer killing him.

I laughed and moved back and rested my head on Ren's lap who was sitting in a safer position.
Flynn was still with us, sober. Atleast someone who can watch for us.

Suddenly I heard a cough from behind.
I took a few seconds to turn around and see who was there. But Nick and Killer were already there, standing in attention, swaying a little.

"Good evening Boss." I heard Killer say.

I looked past him, towards a shadow. A man was standing right in front of the light, causing my eyes to strain. But still, I couldn't see his face.

Ren tapped on my shoulder to move, I gave her some space and she stood up in attention too.

Flynn came and pulled me up.
"Take her to her room." I heard Killer telling Ren.

Flynn nodded and Ren saluted the shadow and he nodded back.
I was held by both my arms.
We walked away and the last thing I heard was an unknown male voice saying 'Drop'.

************************************

Sorry for the short chapter guys.
Curse me in personal chat please :D