Ch54 Ice Breathes Fire

Louis was the first to enter Mr. Martins' room, followed by Killer, Ren and then me.
And I was lost in those blue eyes again, though he looked at me for only a moment and we exchanged smiles.

My face was red, and an uncontrollable smile did nothing to help it.
Ren elbowed me again, silently warning me to behave, and I agreed by looking at the table, instead of ogling him. But guess what? It was a good decision to look at the table.
His reflection was clear. I don't think I looked up again for a long time, while he had a talk with the other three people.

I was looking at his reflection when I saw him smiling. I looked up to find him looking at me with the same smile. I wanted to smile back at him, and run away- both at the same time.
He took his eyes off me, and stood up to let Killer follow him to examination room.

It was merely seconds when I heard an angry "Captain Renee, did he workout against my instructions?" while he came out.
Ren was startled, and so was I.
You can't believe that docile man talking in such a tone.

"No..not in front of me, Sir." Ren stammered but saved Killer's sorry a*s, well, I think.
Killer was standing with his hands behind his back, that submissive pose.
Mr Martins looked at Ren and then turned back to Killer.
"You. I am NOT going to treat you anymore. Your bones have healed, and I don't care if they break again, because I will not treat you. That's it."

"Sir.. I had no option.. It was.. It was.." Killer couldn't find a good explanation.
"It was what, officer?" Mr. Martins was angry. "You had one day. Just one day to not strain one limb of your body. And in this one day, you found some inescapable reason to go against my advice. Do you have any explanation?"

Killer was quiet, just like all of us.
"Then I know who will give me an explanation."

And he sat back on his chair and pulled the landline phone towards him.
Major Louis stood up in a moment and I heard hisses, only that it was a sound produced by three people saying 'sir' together, repeatedly. Things were escalating now.

I didn't know what was happening till I heard Mr. Martins say "Headquarter exchange, please. Major Martins here."
He was breathing loudly through his nostrils.

"It was me, Sir. I made him workout. Not his fault." Finally this stupid boss decides to speak up.

Martins was ignoring them completely. "please connect to D branch conference room."

Things were on fire now! These three were literally begging.
"Sir, I'm sorry. I didn't know he suffered a fracture. I wouldn't have done it otherwise. I take all the blame. Please don't tell him. Please sir." Boss was saving his dog. Now that's a scene.

Mr. Martins looked at him in anger. "I'm sorry ma'am, I wanted to connect to T branch. I'll call back later. Thank you." and he kept the receiver down.

Such a fluent liar. Well that was needed. You can't just call the headquarters and say sorry, just kidding. The special agents will hunt you down and kick your as* for such a prank.

He threw a notebook followed by a pen, towards Louis.
Then turning back at Killer, "What all he made you do? With counts."
And he snapped his fingers at Louis, to write it down.

"Forty two pushups. Two thirty eight crunches. Sixty sit ups."
"And?"
Killer kept quiet.
That was a smart move. He only said about the part where Nick was with him. He's clearly lying. That much of workout will never make him weak enough to lose against me.

Martins looked at me. I nodded a subtle no.
He turned back to Killer.
"I said, tell everything. Don't try to save your senior's as*, by putting your own in fire."

Killer thought about it and continued speaking. This time he spoke with his eyes on the floor.
"25 bicycles, 25 mountain climbers, 25 pull ups, 25 reverse crunches, 25-"

"You did not!" I said reflexively, while looking at Louis, knowing where this is leading to. How dare he made Killer do that.
He tried to hide his face, and I was one minute away from losing my temper.

"Jane, it was incomplete, quiet now." Killer ordered me.
I looked at him in anger but shut my mouth anyways. Ofcourse he'll do anything to keep his Boss away from trouble. But he can't hide it from Uncle James. I'll tell him. No wait, he'll come to know about it anyways. Mr Louis, you're so dead.

He named a few more workouts in sets of twenty five, and my blood was boiling with each name.
After he was done, Martins looked at me.
I looked back at his blue eyes, expecting that it will help me calm down a bit.
Instead he asked me "What were you talking about?"
I pressed my lips and nodded a no. I looked at Louis from the corner of my eyes, just for Martins. He got the hint and turned towards Louis, raising his eyebrows.

"You better start speaking, before I make your junior kick your as* in front of your academy."
Louis thought for a moment and then said it.
"Fumes" is all I needed to hear from that Boss, before banging my hand on his table.

"What?!" Mr. Martins was as shocked as Ren.
"Are you kidding me? Who do you think you are, officer?" and boy, he was angry. He lashed out a string of curses.

"You did Fumes, major Wills?" Ren asked.
"I passed out before I could finish. So no, technically I didn't."
Killer looked at his feet while saying this.
So this is when he passed out.

"Congratulations for that, Wills!" Mr. Martins said sarcastically in anger, making Killer look down at the ground again.

"Then how come you entered walking into my med care?" Ren asked him the question that hit my brain at the same moment.
"Boss got me water and ORS in the gym. I got back to my senses, thanks to him." he answered like an innocent child, giving all credits to that brainless donkey.

I was still mad at Louis. How dare he! He thinks it's a joke?

Martins ordered Louis to read it all out.
That was hell a lot of workout.
What Mr. Martins said to Louis next, shook me.

"Good. Now, you will do all this yourself. By tonight. No meals, and a total of five litres of ORS. With five kgs tied to each of your limbs."
That last part had all of our eyes bulging out.

"And if by any chance, you happen to pass out, your lovely junior will help you to get back your senses everytime. And if you don't finish by tonight 1159, you'll start fresh tomorrow. Any doubt?"
"No sir!" Louis said loudly.

"Appoint a cadet to monitor. I don't trust anyone of you. And if I suspect that you played smart again, be ready to march up to your Commander. Am I clear?" that was for Killer.
"Yes sir."

"I want that paper back. With his workouts striked off. If I don't get it by tomorrow 1800 hours, Captain Renee you'll march up with an explanation."

Mr. Martins was breathing fire!
He looked like he has tons of experience of screwing multiple people in one go.
"Now you." Killer sucked in a breath and held it there.
"Get the fibreglass cast ready before I kick you out." Killer saluted and ran out, followed by Ren.

"You failed at your job of being a caring senior." He said calmly to Louis, but still with an angry face.
"I realised that later. It will never happen again, sir." was the only reply he could give.