Ch88 Sunday-Funday

Flynn came back with an omelette and a glass of milk.
"It's too late to have breakfast." he warned uncle with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah yeah."
Uncle rolled his eyes while stuffing the whole thing in his mouth.

It surprises me even today how this slim fit man hogs food that can fill three tummies together.

"Can you make some good tea for me?"
Uncle asked Flynn whose eyes were sparkling now.

"Someone's missing his favourite student."
That smile said this is not the first time Colonel James is getting teased by this term.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."
There comes the second eye roll.

"Are you guys talking about mr. Kadner?" I had to confirm before I make a fool of myself.

"Oh that's Prescott, milady." Flynn said in a made up funny tone.
That somehow irritated uncle more.

"Can you get me some tea now or should I call your Prescott here for just this one job?"

"Fine. Fine. I'll get it."
Flynn turned around and left.

"Did he call you after we left?"
I asked him.

He nodded a no.
After a long gap, he scoffed "I hope he is still alive."

This brought a smile on my lips too. Look at this old man worrying about his student and covering it up with a joke.

"You trained him. Don't you think he knows everything to survive an apocalypse?"
I asked extending his joke.

"I did. That's why I know that his stupid brain is more dangerous than the apocalypse. He has gone for a lot of missions in the past. His experience is vast. All of them were assigned to him. But this one - he is going for it all by himself. And the fact that part of this mission involves revenge, I'm scared he might commit stupid mistakes getting driven by his emotions."

He took a deep breath and continued.

"You can only grow your kids to become adults. Once they reach a certain age, you have to let them be on their own. Same is the case with him. I can't poke much at this stage. It will only put him and his team in danger. I have no option but to sit and wait for his updates."

His loud sigh was paired by Flynn's tea. A small genuine smile appeared on his face again and he took one sip.

Immediately the smile vanished. He crunched his nose and kept the cup back.
"It's not even close!"
He exclaimed.

"You have to forget that taste for once to appreciate this. I can't make it as good as him. He must be adding some crack that has gotten you addicted to it!"
It was Flynn's turn to get irritated.

"I myself would crack each of his bone if that was true. And he knows that."
Uncle said getting into Flynn's face.

"Then how on earth do you think his tea tastes better than every freaking tea I've made?" Flynn replied annoyingly.

"Why would I know that? He makes that for me. If you want to know, ask him to teach you."
Uncle said raising his voice.

"I? I should learn cooking from him? Are you serious?"
Flynn was clearly surprised.

The last thing I dreamt in this academy was - watching Uncle and Flynn fight with each other over Kadner's tea. Now I can die in peace.

"Can I help you guys?"
I said loud enough to get their attention.

"How?"
It was funny how they responded with the same word at the same time.

"Can I taste this one and see if it's good or not?"
I asked feeling greedy since the moment my eyes laid on that cup.