Ch107 The Last Answers

I thought I'll ask Killer to answer the question popping up in all your minds lately.
😉

**************************************

Nick went to make another drink for himself.
Ren followed him.

It was just me and Killer left on the table.

"I have a question-"
We both spoke at the same time and I swear I'm not lying, we laughed.

Yeah.
We. Laughed.

"I have two infact but you go first."
I said sweetly.

"No you ask first."
He ordered.
Ass.

"Erm.. Don't take it in an offensive way... I feel that you are being nice to me. Suddenly. Is it ominous? Like calm before the storm or something?"
I said it out.
I couldn't have slept tonight otherwise.

He laughed a little.
"Can't bear me not being an asshole?"
He used the exact words I wanted to use, but didn't.

I giggled shrugging my shoulders and he understood.
God! next time, I'm having half of today's alcohol.

I thought he'll get angry but he didn't.
And that is what was getting on my nerves. Why isn't he being the asshole he is!

He started.
"I used to hate you, yes. May be I still do."
Wow! That sounds really nice.

"But you've proved that you don't give a fuck about who thinks what about you. You are hard headed - just like me. You survived under an ass like me and proved yourself in front of the person that matters most to me. I've seen it in his eyes. He looks at you like his own daughter and since the fight, he has grown respect for you."
He bent a little towards me and spoke even lower.
"I was made to hear all shit that I'd never hear for anyone else, for you - regardless of my fractured and helpless and hatred stage - that too when I had hardly met you. Imagine now - if I continue to be the same, and my father comes to know about it.... You can imagine the rest, you are a smart woman I believe."

He hushed the explanation leaving me with an open mouth.
What exactly was that?
He's being nice to me just because he's scared of uncle? What shit?

"I don't buy it. You're lying."
It was the drink raging my anger that I let no hesitation come my way.
He was shocked this time.

"It's true."
He defended himself.
"It may be true. But it's not the answer to my question."
I snapped back.

He looked at me again.
"Jane?"
"See? This! What happened to the taunt 'miss Jane Stuart'? Nobody will go and tell your father that you called me by just my first name and not my full name. It's okay if you don't want to answer. That's why I asked you this personally. But do not give me unrelated statements."

I was angry.
Why did he think he's too smart?
Why did I even ask him that?

"I respect you."
He said and I continued cursing him in my mind.

Hitting the brakes I turned to him.
"You what?"

He didn't look into my eyes.
"I respect you for what you did to become what you are today. I've had a lot of trainers and instructors in my life who I respect. It comes from within. But you're the first woman I feel this for. I've been taught a lot of things in my life - but not even once I was taught how to express my feelings to the other gender. I went out with a few girls back in school - but none of them were serious enough to make me think about what my heart wanted. This one face I kept seeing.. I regret not knowing how to talk. I couldn't even ask her name, can you believe it?"
He chuckled while I sat with my jaw on the floor and my eyebrows touching the roof.