Ch101 Schedule-7

God this is not getting over!
It was supposed to be a short trip, and it has already taken us 7 chapters! (Mind you, each of them were huge enough!)
You guys must have really prayed that bad!

Anyways, enjoy while it lasts 😉

************************************

Hey grab those popcorns!
This one's going to take take some time and what's better than reading drama alone? Reading with popcorns!

Keep some tissues too. Weak hearts may cry.
Don't tell me I didn't warn ya.

Now go!

************************************

KYRA'S POV:

At noon, I had warmed up and was ready for whatever Colonel had yet to throw at me for his evaluation. Well as ready as a dead person can be.

Atleast Dad is standing beside me, though he looks sore and tired too. I thought Colonel said he was exempt here this time. Maybe I'm seeing things but the way he is walking stiff and bending a little when he talks, it seems he is injured.

Instructor Kelly and Major Wills are already in the gym talking amongst themselves and from the looks of it, it isn't going well for the Major here. Poor guy! Don't get him angry, Kelly man. If we were to spar like Jane predicts, he already has 8 miles of fuel to kick my ass. There is no need to add anymore while I'm here.

Captain Renee rushed in and started taking deep breaths to calm down. She turned around thrice to check who's outside the door.

Finally, when she turned fourth time, she held her breath and composed herself. I didn't have a clue as to what she saw.

Then, Colonel enters and the entire atmosphere changes. That man sure makes his presence known without even a word. With just a flick of his hand, he had Kelly man by his side and Major standing behind. I was standing in front of him in attention with Dad right beside me at ease but quite stiff.

"Cadet, no soldier is battle ready until they can fight. I want to see how ready you are to fight till your last breath for yourself and for somebody else. On the mat in 2 minutes. Clear?"

"Yes, sir" Damn! No instructions on how long will it last or who is fighting. Good tactics, old man. I can feel my heart pumping already.

"Good. At ease then. Kadner, you WILL NOT speak a word during this fight. You are here only to observe. If you feel the need to intervene, you know where the door is. "

"Yes, sir" Fuck you, old man! I was hoping he could shout in some instructions to help his little girl out but damn! The fear is simmering greater inside me.

I stretch a little and step on the mat ready to give my best. There is no way I'm going out of here without his approval. Just be a lot sore like me, Major Wills. That will make us somewhat equal and hopefully I will do fine.

Colonel steps on the mat and my heart beats right out of my chest. What the hell! I thought I would be fighting Major Wills or even Instructor Kelly. But him?! Shit! In this state.

I look at Dad and he just gives a little nod of assurance. Thanks Dad, really! What am I supposed to do?

"Cadet, what is your choice of weapon - cane, knife or anything else ?"

"Cane, sir" I say unsure of my own self. My upper body is destroyed so I hope that I can lift one, let alone use it.

"Kadner, your girl seems ready to get beaten. A cane - you sure she is ready?"