Ch44 It's Thursday

It's Thursday morning.
We're right in the middle of the week.
Nick has three more fumes left, and it is Ren's second day of morning gruelling with uncle.
Also, some stupid appointment of Killer is due on Saturday, with his doctor.

Looking back, I realise a lot, literally, lot, has happened in these three days.
I know a lot more about these people. I know that I'm finally accepted here by the most hated person, yes, I'm talking about Killer.
I know how entangled, yet strong their cords are.

You have so much to learn here.
Commitment, respect, love, anger, tolerance, pain, stamina, confidence... All these words fit in somewhere somehow.

While I looked at Ren doing pull-ups, under strict surveillance of Col James, I stretched my muscles to get ready. All these thoughts were coming to my mind and produced goosebumps on my skin, aided by the cold weather.

"Somebody is finally learning to do things the right way."
He can never let me have a good morning.

"Morning sir." I hope it's not good for you, too.
'The reply-nod'.
Without a word he took his stopwatch out from his pocket and I sprang.
Ren was on the ground doing pushups now.
Killer was still looking at them. I bet he counts each of her sets.

I came and stopped in front of him, silently praying that I didn't earn the weights today.
He looked at the stopwatch, nodded, and kept it back in his pocket.
I let out a sigh of relief and left for my second and third round.

It was an amazing feeling.
While I couldn't complete a single round of this ground on my first day, I just did three without a break. The boys were right.

My level was definitely one up.
From now onwards, just finishing the counts won't matter. I have to improve my timing for each set. Killer broke the news this morning.
The rule was similar.
Next day's timing should be better, or at least, same as previous one's.
Thankfully he didn't set a punishment for an otherwise event. But I'm sure it's on its way.

"Of all the things, I expect you to be quick in doing 20 Pushups. Is it so difficult? Do we need to change the night count from fifty to hundred?"
That was the most realistic threat he could scare me with.
I said nothing and used all my reserves to finish this small set.

Then he had me cracking my bones at pull ups.
I did three and couldn't control my excitement.
He sniffed it, and brought me back to ground in next two hours.

After sweating in ground for hours, catching Ethan and group looking at me in between, it was time for gym.
I was expecting to go to the clear mat area but instead he took me to the machines.
I felt like I was looking at the transformers in their sleep.

I realised one thing.
Killer loves to be at the gym.
The way he gracefully glides his palms over the punching bag and the equipments, it's pretty obvious he has spent a lot of time working out here.

And he knows A to Z about everything.
Which machine has to be pulled at what angle in how many seconds, which muscle will it act on etc etc.
At one point he was talking about origin and insertion of deltoid and pectoralis. I had absolutely no clue what he was saying, I assumed it was some muscle he said that works in pulling that particular equipment. I wanted to shout at him that I'm not Ren.

Finally he stopped talking and I had my life's first gym session.
It was not as bad as I had thought. I used to see men, gymming in movies. I thought only Dwayne Johnson can survive at such a place.
But it's funny to imagine me being comfortable here.
Great! Credits will go to the person I hate the most.

The day passed like yesterday.
Ren overloaded with sick and exhausted cadets.
Dont forget she was exhausted too.
Nick was sleeping till sun came right over our heads.
Killer walked in and shoo-ed all the cadets and Nick, who were trying to have some peace in life.
We were at gym again, ducking his punches and kicking him in return.
Ren going through the torture all over again, worse this night. Killer's first hits were louder than yesterday's last, so you imagine my angel's state.
And the day ended up with Nick undergoing his fourth fumes and me counting the damn 50.

But life is not so easy and simple here.
If there's no action today, there will be, tomorrow.