Ch78 Father's Day

I believe surprises are good.
So here's one for all of you.

A big one in fact.
To make up for the long week ahead.

I hope you guys make it till Saturday when I'll update next.

Till then, enjoy this 4.5k update!

************************************

0600 hours

I ran and knocked on his door.
He didn't reply. I have to wake him up before he thinks that I got late and screw me for extra hours.

I knocked a little harder. Each hit making my heart beats go up.
"Stop ruining my sleep!" I heard him shout from inside.
His voice was irritated as heck.

What happened this morning? Why is he still sleeping?
Usually he is up by 0600 hours.

Did anything happen last night?
Jane and Sir Martins had a date yesterday, right? I hope it went well.

Darn! If anything has happened last night which made him sleep so late, then he will wake up annoyed.
Could this get any worse?

But I have to wake him up. Or report atleast.

"Major Wills reporting, Sir-"
"I know your voice. And stop using your brain right outside my door. Cycle run and swim for 3 miles each. If you finish this earlier, go and clean the weapons. Don't disturb me for next two hours."
"Yes sir."

Shit he is pissed.
This has to be related to that date.

Jane, if you've screwed up again, I'll kill you.

I proceeded to choose a light weight cycle, because I have to keep it in air till I finish three miles. He couldn't have chosen any part of my body except my upper limbs. My elbows are almost dead, and so is my spine. This will dig the final nail.

That run nearly killed me. I hit my head several times with the overhead cycle.

I was waiting for the upcoming part- swim in ice cold water. God, I needed it now more than ever!
I need to wake up, and simultaneously numb the pain in my body. Thanks Father.

As soon as my body made contact with the water, all my receptors woke up. I felt my eyes opening up the maximum. A loud hiss left my lips against my control.
Suddenly I was alive.
A thousand needles pricked me over and over. As a reflex, my body started curling.

Before I give in to the comfort, I started off with the task given - swim.
Dragging my numb body, I completed maximum laps with minimum breaks.

At 0800 hours when I climbed out of the pool, thinking about the weapons I'm going to clean next, I saw him entering.
Shit. I should have atleast made it to the guard room.
Now he'll think I was too slow.

"six miles completed?"
"Yes sir."

"Mmm. Follow me."
I did as told, drenched in cold water.

**********************************

It was past 1100 hours, may be, because I have no means to know what time it is, except for the watch on his hand which I occasionally passed my eye over. And I felt drained.

I know I'm far from done, but the lack of sleep and food was pulling me down, and he knew that very well.

He was taking his sweet time to push me. Making me do sets after sets of same workout, he has barely covered 25% of his usual list, the unusual and creative ones excluded.