Ghost Boyfriend

You had just moved into this big house about a week ago, and you already wanted to leave. You're just a simple college student, broke and jumping on the opportunity for free things whenever you could get your hands on them. One of your mom's friends said something about the "old house where that one guy used to live" being free to live in. As soon as you heard, you dragged all of your stuff to the place and unpacked in the same day. It was a nice place, a little bit big for just one person, but you could live with it. Your mom and dad came in, helping you clean and move everything, stuffing your cabinets full of food and giving you a t.v. that they didn't have any use for. You stole a few pots and pans, much to their annoyance, but what could they do? You kept a death grip on the kitchenware. You were excited to take on the house, and went to your new bedroom to take a nap in.

Your room felt unnaturally cold, but you just shrugged. You just figured it was a draft, so you changed your clothes into shorts and a shirt and hopped onto your bed. Snuggling under the blankets, you closed your eyes, ready to sleep. You had just started drifting off, when you heard something hit the floor. Sitting up in your bed, you looked around you. In the corner of your room, a small object laid on the ground. Curiosity getting the better of you, you stood up, going to investigate. Upon getting closer, you noticed that the object was a vape box. Your eyebrows furrowed, questioning why it was there. "I don't vape." you mutter skeptically. "Yeah, but I do." a voice responded. You shrieked at the unkown voice, dropping the vape. It fell on your foot, to which you responded by trying to rub the pain away, causing you to fall on your butt. You looked around, shaken by the random voice in the room. "Who's there?!" you called out. "Chill dude, I'm not gonna hurt ya." the voice said again. It didn't have a body, which didn't help your situtation anymore. The vape that you had dropped had begun to rise from the ground. You stared at it as it rose, your mouth hanging open.

The vape stopped for a second, then a large cloud of smoke came from nowhere. When the smoke had evaporated, a figure stood in its place. You cocked your head, raising an eyebrow. The figure, man, stood infront of you, staring at you on the ground. "You gonna get up bro, or do I need to like, help you?" he said. "Oh! Uhm... Just give me a second." You said, not taking your eyes off of the figure. You grabbed onto your dresser, lifting yourself up. Even standing up, the man looked taller than you. You got a good look at his face at this angle. He had platinum hair, being held back by a thin black hair band. His face had a few moles on it, the most distinct one above his lip. He was wearing a black button up shirt with what looked like a skeleton pattern on it. He work black jeans, and a pair of boots with a gold chain on them. He intrigued you, but you still wondered what in the hell he was and why in the hell was he at your house.

"Who are you?" you questioned, looking him in the eyes. "My name's John. I live here. Well, I used to live here. Then I sort of died. So now I'm just stuck here for whatever reason." 'John' said. "So, you're like a poltergeist?" you asked. John looked at you like you were dumb. "Well, no. I'm just a plain old ghost. I just told you." he said. "Well geez, I'm sorry. I'm not used to living in the same space with a dead guy." you snapped back. "Fair enough." he shrugged. "Well, I introduced me. So, normal protocol is you introduce you." John stated. You suddenly remembered you even had a name. "My name is (F/N) (L/N). I just moved here." you said. "Yeah, I know you just moved here. I just came to scope out the newbie." John replied. You just rolled your eyes. You had only known this thing for like, 10 minutes and he's already pissed you off. You just scoffed at his attitude, moving around him to go back to the comfort of your bed. Laying down, you covered your head, hoping that maybe you were just dreaming. After a few moments, you pulled the blankets from your head, staring up at your ceiling. Except, you couldn't see the ceiling, as John had blocked your view. He floated above you, staring at you. You sighed. It wasn't a dream after all.

"What?" you asked him. He just shrugged, staying in place. "You're the first person to move here who didn't just scream and run." he answered. "Well, yeah, I'm broke and I get to live here for free. This place could be full of dead bodies and I'd just ignore it.... You're body isn't still here, is it?" you asked. He chuckled, his facial expression finally changing from the stale look he originally had. "Nah, I didn't even die in the house. I died out in the yard." he explained. You looked down in thought. Sitting up in your bed, he moved down to sit near you. You leaned on the backboard, staring at him. A million questions ran through your mind, but you didn't know if it would be offensive to ask them or not. "You can ask questions if you'd like. I know it's kind of weird." he said. "So, how exactly DID you die?" you asked. "I appreciate the straight forwardness. Well, let's see. I was walking up to my house after getting out of the car. Next thing I know I hear tires screeching and then I died. I've only heard bits and pieces of what happened, but the guy was trying to swerve to avoid hitting another car and lost control. It was better just one person rather than a group of people." he replied, looking at his hands. You had heard from the news that there was a car accident that happened down the road from your house. You just didn't know that it was this house. You looked down, muttering an apology. John just shrugged again.