Chapter 1: New Girl

John never was interested in the whole dating thing. He had other priorities, his youtube channel, his friends, and his own health took up pretty much all of his free time. Sure, he liked a lot of those "relationship goals" posts, but he could never see himself in that spot. That is, until he got a new neighbor, one who he thought was an absolute cutie.

He didn't expect to see any cars in the driveway of the empty house next to his, and he certainly didn't expect to get knocked over by a giant dog when he stepped out to get his mail. "Archie! Bad dog, bad, bad dog!" he heard an unknown voice shouted. The dog, Archie, he assumed, perked his head up and immediately ran to where the voice was coming from. The man propped himself up on his arms, confused and agitated at the event. He was about to yell at the owner of the dog before he stopped, and could only stare at the figure before him. A girl who John had never seen before was hooking the pup up on a leash, calming him down and getting on to him. The woman was (curvy/skinny/petit, etc) with (pale/dark/tan) skin and (long/short) hair. She turned to jog over to him, an apologetic smile on her face. Her eyes were a stunning color of (e/c), and her smile made his heart race. It was truly like a scene from a movie, and he cursed himself for how cliché it was.

"Oh my, I'm sorry about that! Archie gets excited when he sees new people." she giggled, holding her hand out for him to take. He accepted it, standing up infront of her. "Uhm.. it-it's okay. I'm good, Archie's good. So, you just moved in?" John stumbled, taken aback a little. She was sweet, and her laugh was like an angel's. The stranger nodded, looking over to her new home. "Yeah, I start college in just a few weeks and decided to move here." she replied, the smile still on her face when she looked back to him. He nodded, and looked away. "Yeah, cool, uhm, I gotta- I need to go wash my... Wash my cat. Yeah, my cat. Okay, see ya later." John stuttered once again, speeding out away from girl. She raised her eyebrow, watching after him. "Bye..." she said quietly, turning back to go to her home.

John's back pressed against his front door, as if he were trying to barricade the door. He just overreacted, and now his neighbor would think he was a total creep. "Dammit John, what happened to you out there?" he said, scolding himself. His normal, collected exterior was just knocked out of him (quite literally) and he acted a damn fool in front of a cute ass girl. He peeped out the window and watched as she rushed her dog back inside the house, following behind him. John was determined to make this right, he didn't want that to be the first impression.

His only problem was getting over the embarrassment, now.