Under the Sea II

It had been 3 days since your run in with John. You hadn't told a soul about what you saw at the Cove, because you didn't want to be sheltered again like before. The curfew your father set was torture, and you didn't want to lose the freedom you had earned. You had woken up early, ready to meet the man at Triton's Geyser. Your dad had already left, he worked in a different city, and you knew he was going to be gone until really late at night. Looking in your mirror, you held up different shells over your body, seeing which ones would match your (f/c) tail, before settling on a simple black one. Sitting at your vanity, you fixed your hair, which was hard to keep in any style due to the current, and applied some mascara amd lip gloss.

You still couldn't figure out what you felt for John. It wasn't an uneasy feeling, it was more like a warm and fuzzy one. It reminded you of the stories your dad always told you about your mother. It was silly, you didn't love John, but that's how the feelings were. Hell, he was still a complete stranger to you. You didn't know why you agreed to meet him, but you just sucked it up. You left everything at home, bolting out the door. It was noon, so you took your time going to the geyser. You didn't really think of anything as you drifted along, a flutter in your chest taking your mind off of things. It didn't give off a bad vibe, it sort of excited you to see the merman again. As you came upon the more desolate part of town, you saw the geyser a few yards ahead of you. Stopping to take a deep breath, you started towards the location.

That is, until a hand latched onto your arm and a loud "Boo!" broke the silence. You gasped, letting out a short scream, using your other hand to get whatever had grabbed you off. Missing, you heard loud laughter, and you stared at the culprit. John had let go of your arm to double over, laughing at the scare. Pouting, you crosses your arms, your scales tinging a slight reddish purple, a mixed feeling of embarrassment and anger washing over you. "That wasn't funny!" you exclaimed, causing the merman to chuckle even more. Your scales turned back to their (f/c) hue, a smile dancing on your features. The sharktail stopped laughing, wiping away the tears coming from his eyes.

"Gods, that was hilarious. I didn't actually expext you to come this way." John said, offering an arm. You flushed, your tail turning the palest pink. "I didn't either," you shrugged, looping your arm through his. The pair of you began to slowly swim the rest of the way to the geyser, a comfortable silence taking over. The only sounds heard were the muffled cries of seagulls above the ocean's surface and the quiet slap of the waves as they ran into each other.

Coming upon the geyser, you both sat down on a rock, looking out over the town. Your hair didn't stay fixed, and instead the water ran through the (h/l) locks. Next to you, you didn't notice the shark tail was staring at you, his eyes drinking in your features. Your beautiful (e/c) orbs, perfectly complemented by your (h/c) locks. The sun illuminated your (s/t), giving you a soft glow. Truth is, the merman had taken a liking to you, despite you two being world's apart. John scooted closer, gaining your attention. You smiled at him, and he couldn't hold back any longer. In a blink of the eye, he grabbed your face and pull you to him, planting his lips firmly on yours.

Your eyes widened slightly, a sudden warmth rushing over your body. You didn't know how to feel. Should you kiss back? Pull away? Cry? Before you could decide, he pulled away, his eyes opening to look into yours. You stared at each other, nothing being said, staying perfectly still. Finally, something came to your kind, and you stood quickly. "I have to go!" you exclaimed, speeding away as fast as you could. "(Y/n), wait! I'm sorry!" John shouted, but you ignored him. You swam quickly through crowds of people, bolting into your home and locking yourself in your bedroom. Drawing your tail close to your chest, you ruminated on what just happened. Why did he do that? And more importantly, why did you do anything back?