Our Love Is God

It was just a few hours after the biggest party in town. You were crying in your bedroom, the sobs racking through your body. The popular kids, the girls who you practically sold your soul to so you could taste what it felt like to be on top of the food chain had completely embarrassed you infront of the whole school. Your life was ruined. You walked in wearing a gorgeous outfit only to walk out covered in chunks of meat and cold stew. The memory kept replaying, and along with it, fresh tears ran from your eyes. You layed face down in your pillow, your door locked, ignoring your parents' attempts at trying to get into your room to listen to you cry.

You were just going to spend the rest of the day crying. Well, you were. That was, until you heard tapping at your window. You looked up, the light of your room hurting your puffy eyes. Outside the window stood the new kid of the school, John Keyes. You remembered him from before. He was the one who fought Kevin and Mikey by himself. The man who single-handedly took down the biggest bullies in the school. He was such a dream boat. You stood up slowly from your bed, tiptoeing across the floor until you reached the window. You unlocked the latch, pulling the glass doors open. He frowned at you, throwing his leg over the sill of the window.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, his hand coming up to cup your cheek. You found comfort in the cool metal rings, they soothed the redness of your cheeks. You sniffed. "I, uh... A-at the party, they just... just..." you couldn't get the sentence out without crying. "Hey hey hey, don't worry. It's okay." he reassured, pulling you to his chest. You sobbed into him for a few minutes, the sobs calming down to hiccuping breaths. John breathed out.

They made you cry
But that will end tonight
You are the only thing that's right
About this broken world

You pulled back, looking up to him. You saw something in his eyes, something that looked like anger, mixed with passion. You sniffed again, pulling him further into your room, sitting cross-legged on the ground. He sat in front of you, his hand resting on your knee.

Go on and cry
But when the morning comes
We'll burn it down and then
We'll build the world again
Our love is God

He sang so beautifully. His voice calmed your nerves, but you couldn't help but sense the anger in his eyes gain sadness. John looked down, scoffing. He bit his lip, chewing on the flesh. He looked back up, a tear running down his cheek. Your heat hurt for him. You wiped his tear away with your thumb, cupping his face. He leaned into your touch, and in that moment, he seemed so vulnerable to you. This once strong man, seemed so innocent, so filled with pain. "Are you okay?" you asked under your breath. He smiled weakly, reaching up to grab your hand with his.

I was alone
I was a frozen lake
But then you melted me awake
See, now I'm crying too
You're not alone

Tears fell from both of your eyes as you both sang with each other, harmonizing your voices.

You're not alone
And when the morning comes

When the morning comes
We'll burn away that tear, and raise our city here

Raise our city here
Our love is God

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mikey and Kevin were hanging out in Mikey's room, playing video games and eating days old pizza. "Hey Kevin, you think the sky is blue cause my eyes are blue?" Mikey asked. Kevin looked at Mikey, his eyes squinched. "Bro... I think you're right." he replied, causing Mikey to nod approvingly. "I knew I was smart as hell." Mikey laughed. Suddenly, his phone began to ring. He picked it up. "Yeahlo?"