Highschool

Highschool was a drag. It was a seemingly neverending nightmare filled with bullies, girls who wear too much makeup, and boys who could outstink the worst smell in the world. (Y/n) wanted nothing more than to stay face down in her bed, blankets pulled up over her head as she drowned the noises that blared through her window. 'Tch, stupid house work.' she thought, rolling her tired (e/c) eyes. The slight sting of the sun hurt, but she pushed through as she sat up in her bed. Looking around the room, (Y/n) sighed to herself. How she dreamed she'd wake up in another room, one that wasn't so drab and dreary. Well, as dreary as the pink walls could get. Her father didn't really know what she liked, but he did indeed try to keep her happy.

The (s/t) girl swung her legs over the side of her bed, planting her feet on the cold wooden floor. A shiver shot through her, and she pushed herself to stand. Walking to the closet, (Y/n) opened the door and grabbed out what she deemed an appropriate outfit. A.k.a, some leggings and a t-shirt she's owned since 8th grade. It still fit in her senior year, even though she grew out of the tacky band that was plastered on the front of it. The teen stepped into her bathroom, brushing her teeth and studying herself in the mirror. 'Same old (Y/n)' she smiled. It really was a comforting thought, finding relief in not having changed since highschool. Her friends all outgrew her, but that was okay. She could care less. All that mattered was that she remained the plain old "Mary Sue", the girl who seemed different from everyone else.

Deciding she looked a bit deader than usual, (Y/n) fixed her face up with some powder and eyeliner, topping off everything with some mascara and chapstick. Drifting from the bathroom to her room, she picked up her bookbag and phone and walked down the hall to the kitchen, where her dad sat at the table reading the paper. He looked to her, giving a small smile. "Hello there, (cheesy nickname). You ready to hit the road, kiddo?" he asked in a cheery tone. The (h/c) nodded, grabbing a banana from the table. "Ready as I'll ever be, captain." she replied, turning on her heel and walking to the front door. Her dad followed suit, picking up his keys and work bag.

Sitting in the car, (Y/n) stared out the window. The sun, although bright earlier, had been covered by dark grey clouds. "Great... Rain." the girl huffed, gaining her dad's attention. "Sure looks like it, huh? Oh well. We need it. This dry spell is killing us." he said, trying to cheer her up. The girl smiled, looking forward as the car backed out of the driveway and headed towards her school. To be truthful, the weather matched her mood. Miserable. She was tired, and it was only the first day of the second week of school. She couldn't wait until she graduated, so she could move off to college. She wanted so bad to leave her little town and make a name for herself. She wanted to give her dad more than he had, because he had worked so hard for her.

(Y/n) was thrown out of her thoughts as she glanced at the nearing school ahead of her. She gathered her stuff, ready to hop out as soon as she could. Her dad pulled up to the front, shouting a quick 'goodbye' after her. She smiled and waved, walking into the school. She was already greeted by people she hated, choosing to roll her eyes at the girls who looked completely different with all the gunk on their faces and the boys who already somehow reeked as if they ran 3 milles in the desert. Thinking of ways that she could possibly get out of scool, she didn't realize a taller student infront of her, until it was too late and she rammed right into them. (Y/n ) stumbled back, her face becoming warm from embarassment. "Shit man, I'm sorry. You okay?" the teen asked, looking to the person she ran into. She couldn't recognize him, assuming he was a new student. "Yeah, I'm good." he murmured, looking back down at a paper he had folded neatly in his hand.

She took the chance to look closer, noticing his long, bleached hair that starkly contrasted from his dark brown eyebrows. Her eyes darted to his face, moles sprinkled oddly on his skin. His brows furrowed as he tried to make sense of the paper, and (Y/n) thought to offer some help. "Are you lost? I've never seen you here before." the girl stated. The boy looked to her again, nodding his head. "Yeah, I moved her Saturday, they kinda just printed out this paper and expected me to be able to find where I'm supposed to go." he scoffed. "Yeah, they have a way of just throwing people into the blue like that." (Y/n) laughed, peering over his shoulder to look at his schedule. The stranger had first, third and fourth period with her, which was easy enough.

"We have 3 out of 4 classes together, so if you want we can just walk together until you know where to go. Your second class is a few classrooms down from mine, I can show you." (Y/n) said, looking up to the boy. She finally caught a glimpse of his eyes, a gorgeous hazel color. She felt like she had stared a second to long, and she looked away. "By the way, my name is (Y/n)." she informed, gesturing for him to follow her as she started walking. "I'm John." the stranger said. 'Hm. Such a strange name for an interesting looking guy.' she thought. "Well John, welcome to Hell." the girl joked, causing the male to laugh. Just as the bell had rung, the hallways began to get crowded. (Y/n) could tell this was going to be a long day.