Fairy Tale

In myths and legends, fairies and gorgons did not mix. That's why when everyone found out that (Y/N), a fairy, and John, a gorgon, were together, everyone was trying to break them up. (Y/N) would just scoff, brushing off the old tale. "Who cares what species we are, I love him and he loves me." she would say, sounding like a broken record when others would find out about the pair. It started to irritate the fairy, but alas, she could do nothing but listen to what others had to say. John would always just tell her to ignore the crowd, but she couldn't shake the irritation that ran through her.

Today was a particularly rough day. (Y/N) had to run into town to grab somethings for a picnic for her and John. The gorgon had gone off with a friend, telling the fairy he would meet her later. They shared a quick peck, which received some stares from the other creatures. (Y/N) was used to this, though, and just ignored it, going in her merry way. She wanted this to be a quick trip, but it seems that others wanted to harass her.

While she slipped into a shoppe to gather some fruits, she got stuck in a conversation with a stranger. "So, yer that fairy who everyone talks about? The one dating outta species?" (Y/N) heard, turning her head to look around. She heard a cough, and looked down, seeing a satyr standing at her hips. He stood with his fists on his hips, looking up at her. "Uh- uhm... yes?" she answered, a little weirded by the creature. She had always seen them from afar, but she had never been this close to one. He huffed, looking away from her and around the store. "You know a pretty thing like ya shouldn't be with something like that." he commented, looking back at you. Your wings fluttered in anger, your cheeks turning red. You couldn't believe what he was saying to you, and you turned and ignored him. The satyr bleated, grabbing onto your arm and pulling you to loom at him. "Hey, now I'm talkin, ta ya, brat." he said. You tried to break your arm free of his grasp, and just grumbled when you couldn't. "Listen, I don't want to hurt you, but please just leave me alone. It's my choice to date who I want, and I don't need some insignificant goat man ruining that." (Y/N) huffed. The creature didn't like your answer, and opened his mouth to say something.

Before he could, however, an arm reached over and grabbed the satyr by the nape of his neck. Surprised, your eyes followed the arm, looking into the face of your boyfriend, John. The mop atop his head moved anxiously, struggling against the band that kept the serpents back. His sunglasses covered his eyes, but the scowl on his face read his expressiom clearly. Using his free hand, he released the snakes from their hold, pulling the satyr closer to him. "What do you think you're doing, bud?" John hissed at the creature. Suddenly, the satyr shut up, looking fearfully at the snakes circling John's head. Some bared their fangs, others hissed loudly at him. "I was just talkin' ta yer girlfriend here, no problems." he said nervously, covering his eyes. John hmphed, dropping him onto the floor. He reached a hand to his glasses, threatening to pull them off. The satyr bleated loudly, his hooves scraping against the ground as his darted away. (Y/N) looked at John, crossing her arms and smiling at him. He watched the satyr leave, turning to look at her after he had escaped. "John, I had it under control." the fairy playfully pouted. "I know." the gorgon said, wrapping his arms around her waist. He leaned his, pressing his lips to hers. She leaned into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Her wings fluttered softly, her cheeks turning pink. She felt the still free serpents pecking and nuzzling her face, tickling her skin softly. John pulled away, resting his head against (Y/N)'s forehead. "I love you." John whispered. The fairy smiled, rubbing her forehead against his. "I love you, more." she responded.

Yes, their love was a pin in the side to the legends, but they didn't care. They'd happily kill the stereotype, no matter what happened to either of them.