Prologue

There was blood everywhere.

I couldn't seem to grasp anything that was happening. My mind was filled with a hypnotic-like haze. Nothing seemed real to me like I was stuck in a nightmare that I just couldn't wake up from. I jumped as another gun-shot rang through the air. I held my side, gasping for air as another wave of pain racked my body. Being shot sucked. Even more so was the fact that I didn't know where Amber ran off to. I just told her to run, but it's like she knew something. I struggled to stand, the pain causing me to bite my lip until it started to bleed. As if I wasn't bleeding enough already.

I turned around and faced the dark woods, peeking out from behind the tree. Motionless bodies lay everywhere, all ripped apart from whatever was stalking these woods. I don't even remember seeing so many people. All of them wore bloodied and tattered hunting gear. A few lay in odd angles while others still had their eyes and mouths open, their last moments of sheer terror captured on their lifeless bodies. I was living in a horror movie, yet somehow, I wasn't dead yet. I knew if I hadn't been hyped up on adrenaline from my wounds I would have gone into shock by now. If not from fear then from blood loss. My head began swimming, thoughts of what might have happened to Amber. Of what had been once a nice night out soon became a living nightmare.

I squinted through the trees when I saw a pale shadow moving. It came closer, and I started to back up a little. It moved as if there was a limp to it, leading me to believe it was another man that had managed to get away from whatever beast stalking the woods. I stumbled on an unseen body and fell back hard. Ignoring the pain, I scooted even further away. The adrenaline of fear pulsing through my body rapidly, the sound in my ears like deafening war drums being played from the heavens. The form stopped a mere few feet in front of me. It was a dark silver wolf, with a white tipped tail, and frost blue eyes. It only looked a little bigger than the ones that usually were around here. I felt fear amplify in my chest at the sight, hoping that it wasn't the cause of these torn bodies. Despite its whiter coat, there were no crimson stains on it. No signs that it had attacked anyone. Nowhere near the same amount that coated my own body.

But everything vanished at the next sight. The wolf turned stood up, and very quickly took human form. One minute was a wolf, then next was of a human girl.

It was my girlfriend Amber.

And she was standing stark naked in front of me.

Confusion and blood lost finally took its grip on me, and I passed out. Darkness, for once, becoming a welcoming bliss.