Chapter 4

-Amber-

It felt so good to have his arm over my shoulders. I leaned into him, feeling as happy as my wolf. I didn't know if he felt the same sparks that I did, but I prayed that if he didn't, then he would soon. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back, but I could see the confusion in his eyes. Being the daughter of an Alpha had its advantages. As much as I didn't want to bother his privacy, I had to know. I reached out through his thoughts and found his emotions. There on top was confusion and nervousness, but I could sense the love and pleasure there as well. I nearly gasped when I found his wolf side. I never saw it coming, so it was a major shocker on my side.

I could sense his protectiveness, as well as his love and caring side. Though, anger also lay beneath the surface. It was perfect. My mate was a strong Alpha wolf. I felt giddy at the thought.

Alex must have felt something, for he looked down at me. I was too happy to realize I was grinning like an idiot.

"What's got you so happy?" he asked, smiling back. Oh god, no. He had a small dimple on the left side of his smile. It was that kind of lopsided smile that had me nearly melting in his arms.

"God... he's perfect." My wolf said. I nodded internally, fully agreeing.

"Oh, I'm just happy," I replied vaguely.

He chuckled. "I've got that much. Any particular reason why?"

"Just you," I said before I was able to stop myself.

"Huh?"

I cleared my throat. "N-Nothing. Just thinking to myself."

"Smooth. Real smooth."

I internally growled at my wolf. If she continued to keep this up, I'd be sure to say or do something stupid. I felt her give in a little, probably knowing that I was right. Of course, I was right...

"Um, okay then..." Alex said, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's not you; I'm just preoccupied at the moment."

"Oh," he said, standing a little awkwardly, "Anything I can help you with."

"Yes, you can mate with us and fu-"

"No, it's nothing I can't handle," I said, with another growl at my wolf.

He shrugged, and we walked through the cafeteria doors. I was surprised and a little relieved that my Alpha had made us move here. There weren't any other werewolves in the whole school, nor did I scent any on the way over. It made my wolf a little more relaxed and even happier because we had no competition for Alex.

Now if only It would stay that way.