Chapter 31

-Amber-

"Why do guys have to be all perverted and what not?" I asked Sierra as we were getting our food.

I watched as she shrugged. "Who knows. I think it's just the male population trying to act cool."

"Well, it's not really working out," I said laughing.

Sierra and I stopped laughing right when the guys walked in.

Jack and Alex gave us weird looks, but Sierra and I giggled as we walked back to the table.

"What are you girls laughing at?" Jack asked us right as we got to the doorway.

"Oh, nothing hun," Sierra said with a smile.

Alex gave a look and I quickly got out of the kitchen with Sierra in tow.

"What we said in the kitchen, the boys can't know," Sierra said sternly.

I nodded in agreement. "Right," I said lifting up my spoon of mash potatoes.

"What can't we know?" I heard Alex say suddenly.

I let out a yelp of surprise, and my hand did a little twitch.

I turned around to see my mashed potatoes that were on my spoon had found their way onto Alex's face. 

Yikes!

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry!" I quickly grabbed a napkin from the table and had started wiping the poor spuds off his face. He made a face and gave me a playful growl.

"Dork."

"You couldn't have been holding a gun when your hand twitched?" My dad said from across the table.

"Dad!"

"Adam!" My mom yelled at him and smacked the back of his head.

"Ow," my dad mumbled rubbing the back of his head. "I'm just saying."

Alex took the napkin from my hand and scraped off the rest, all the while sending my dad a dark glare. My dad returned the gesture.

"Oh, real mature guys," I said shaking my head.

"Your dad and Alex should be on tv," Sierra said laughing.

"Ya, they should make a guest appearance on Dumb and Dumber," I said.

"That was good." Sierra high fived me.

Alex and my dad did a fake gasp at me.

"Did you hear what she said to us?" My dad asked my mom.

My mom looked at me and gave me a wink before turning back to my dad. "No, I didn't hear what she said."

"Pft, whatever. I saw you wink at her." Alex accused.

"She said we belong in Dumb and Dumber." My dad pouted while giving me a glare.

"I don't think our sweet little Amber would do that." My mom defended me.

"See, I'm a good person," I said taking a bite out of my mash potatoes.

"Good person my ass," Alex mumbled under his breath.

"If that's the case, then it must be amazing considering how she was going on about your ass earlier," Sierra commented.

I glared at her. "Traitor."

Alex smirked, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Well for the record, you've got an amazing ass as well."

I felt myself go ten shades redder.

"I take back my apology," I growled, elbowing Alex.

He only laughed, tucking into his food.

~*~

"So." I said looking down at my hands as Alex and I were sitting on the bench swing outside.

"So." Alex copied me with a light chuckle.

I lightly hit his chest and looked at him. "What are they going to do if they get me?"

"They won't."

"But why me?" I groaned laying my head on his shoulder.

"You're the daughter of an alpha. They want you for power I suppose."

"But there are other she-wolves out there. Why can't he just get one of them?"

"They aren't an alpha's daughter," He repeated, grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of it.

"Aren't there other alphas with daughters though?" I asked looking up at him.

He chuckled. "You're asking the guy who thought he was human up until this past month."

"Well, there should be." I huffed.

"Shouldn't you know that?" Alex asked lifting an eyebrow at me.

"Umm..." I trailed off.

"You don't. Do you?" Alex teased.

"No." I sighed in defeat. "But I'm pretty sure there are." I tried to defend myself.

"I don't know. But even if there are other alpha daughters, there is just something about you that he likes." Alex sighed holding me tighter.

I laughed. "There is nothing special about me. I'm a pretty boring person."

"You aren't boring." Alex laughed and kissed my temple.

"You're my mate. You have to say that."

"No, I really don't. You're far too fun to tease."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. But this weird psycho guy doesn't want me. I'll just make his life hell."

"And that's what I love most about you," Alex said before pulling me into a kiss.

----------------

Love all of you guys!!

-Austin