Chapter 40

-Alex-

The blindfold around my eyes was a dark one. I couldn't see anything of any sort around me. Amber's cries were starting to get to my wolf, and it was only a matter of time before he lost the true reality around us and attacked.

"Alex!" her heart-wrenching cry called.

'GO TO MATE!' Xavier howled in my head, the headache becoming worse.

'She isn't in trouble, and you know it!' I snapped back.

'MATE!'

I rolled my eyes and tried my best to block out Amber's cries for help. I couldn't quite get far of reaching out my senses when Xavier was battling me the whole way. I only got a few feet before he howled again, throwing me off.

"If you do not have the control of your wolf, then you do not have your full advantage." Emit said in an even tone as he paced behind me.

"You don't know how hard it is to get him to listen," I growled back.

"And you'd most likely be dead by now since you can't. If he isn't on your side, being a Werewolf means nothing."

I simply growled.

"Perhaps you need more of an incentive," he said, walking away from me. Curious, I stopped what I was doing. Xavier quieted just barely after Amber stopped her fake wailing. I turned my head, trying to detect any sound to give me clues to what was going on. I couldn't move quite far, my ankles and wrists tied together.

I heard a sharp slap, followed by Amber's cry of pain. Only this time, it seemed more real. The leather binding my hands began to strain as I tried to push Xavier back down. I had no clue if that was real or not. Emit had promised to not hurt Amber, but I knew if he did, she wasn't exactly weak.

Xavier, on the other hand, wanted nothing more than blood, no matter what was going on.

"Use the fire that your wolf burns. Instead of letting it out and allowing him to take over, bend it to your will; allow it to be re-directed into strength."

I barely registered his words, the leather finally snapping. My hands turned into claws long enough to tear the binding of my feet, before running toward Emit. Only the stupid side of me kicked in, forgetting to take off the blindfold, as he only stepped to the side, causing me to stumble over uneven ground and fall forward.

I jumped back up to swing at him but missed yet again. Instead, Emit struck by leaning back to grab my arm and put me quickly into a very painful arm-bar.

"If you let your emotions or your wolf get the better of you, it will cloud your mind and leave you vulnerable to your enemy." He instructed, before shoving me to the ground. "You may take off your blindfold now; we'll continue this tomorrow."

Quickly ripping it off, I ran over to Amber and held her tightly in my arms.

"Alex," she squeaked. "Can't breath,"

I loosened my hold on her but didn't say anything.

"You know he never hurt me, right?"

I looked at her, smiling sheepishly. "Yeah, I do. But you're a damned good actor."

"I was telling that to Xavier," She said cheekily. "Seeing as how he was in more distress than I was."

I only shrugged, pulling her inside with me.

It had been four weeks since we arrived up here. Emit had me doing three things this whole trip: eating, sleeping, and training.

One of the major training ideas that he had worked with was using Amber. Of course, she was never harmed, but instead pretend to be so Xavier would become very, very, very pissed off. Emit said if worse came to worse, and whomever this Alpha was actually got her, I would need to take every bit of anger and despair Xavier had, and turn it into the strength of mind, body, and will. I personally thought that Emit was an idiot for all of this. I mean, seriously, who does that to an Alpha Wolf? Was he wishing for a death sentence?