Chapter 2

-Amber-

My next class wasn't with Alex, but it would probably be the first and last time in my life that I
was glad I didn't. It gave me time to think about what was happening.

The minute I sat down, my wolf was practically howling at the sight of him.

Oh, um, yeah. I forgot that last part. I am a werewolf. I do not change every full-moon, nor do I become this raving beast.

I simply change into a wolf at any point I choose to. Though my wolf side does talk to me from time to time, but I'm not going into specifics.

I sat down in my chair, letting out a deep breath.

"How could you just ignore him?!"My wolf growled at me. "He was right there!"

I sighed, shaking my head mentally at my wolf. "It's the male's job to make the first move. You know that."

"But he didn't! What kind of mate does that??" She snarled at me.

"One that's human."

I felt her quiet down.

"You didn't know, did you?" I asked.

"No..."

It became common not too many centuries ago that us werewolves mated with humans. I didn't really remember what happened, but we nearly went extinct. All I knew was that our wolves recognized our mates just as easily as if they were our own kind. Luckily, there was something about Alex that made him seem different. He smelled different. I couldn't place it, but I had a stronger draw to him than what was told to me.

"I don't think he's completely human. He has some kind of wolf-blood in him." My wolf said.

I nodded to myself. "Yes. I felt it too. I think we'll just have to wait and see."

She growled a little in protest, but submitted to me. I nodded to myself and suffered through the history lesson that seemed even more boring than the math one.