Chapter 18

-Amber-

I ran out of the room and outside. I didn't care about putting my books away, I just took them with me.

As I stepped out of the door, Brandon was right next to.

"Hey." He smiled down at me.

"Hi," I said looking down with my hood up.

He stopped me by gently grabbing my arm.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Just Alex being an asshole," I mumbled.

He laughed and put an arm around me as we started walking again.

"Look at the bright side. I'm available." He teased.

I busted out laughing.

"Amber, wait!" I heard a voice yell from behind me.

I stole a quick glance and once I found out it was Alex, I looked back down still walking to my car.

I got to my car and saw Brandon push Alex away.

I will admit, I was a little pissed. But then I remembered what he did to me, so I just left it alone.

"You had your chance mate. But it's pretty obvious that she doesn't want you anymore." Brandon sneered. And how come he sounded so happy to say that to Alex?

Alex ignored him and walked over to me.

"Amber.. wait! I just want to talk to you." It pained me to hear his voice so low and sad.

I set my stuff in my car before turning around.

I looked up at him and I could feel fresh tears brimming my eyes. I wanted to let them fall so badly, but I couldn't do that in front of him and give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I wasn't going to fall for his whole 'nice boy act'. And I was never going to fall for it.

"You've already told me what you think. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe we weren't mates." I said, the last part coming out in a whisper.

His face broke my heart. Right as I said that last sentence, his face contorted into sorrow and guilt.

"No, I was wrong. Just, please. Talk to me." He begged.

I shook my head and got into my car. With one last glance at him, I backed up and drove out of the parking lot. I couldn't do this.

I drove to one of my favorite spots out in the forest behind the school. I needed a place to think.

After I parked on the trail, I walked around a little bit to clear my head and talk to my wolf to see what she thinks about all of this.

'Do you believe him?' I asked Jackie.

'I don't know. I want too. But I just can't.'

'Same. I don't know what to do.' I cried and sat up against a tree.

'I can feel Xavier though.' Her voice came softer. While Alex and Xavier may have been the same person, they were still different beings. Jackie was still going to be closer to Xavier.

'Is he okay?' I asked worriedly.

'He's really quiet. And upset.' She sighed.

'Probably.'

I sighed and looked around the forest, then down at my phone.

I should probably head back to class. My parents would kill me if they found out I skipped the rest of the day