Chapter 21

-Alex-

"So, exactly how am I going to make it up to you?" I asked her.

She made a humming noise, seeming to think about it. "First, you have to do everything I say."

"Planned on that already," I said with a smile.

"Second, you cannot complain about anything I do when I go into heat. I hate to say it, but it's next week, and-"

"Heat?" I asked, looking at her, confused.

"Oh... uh... yeah... um..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Heat is when a female wolf hits a cycle where she gets very... aroused?"

I so wish I had a camera. Her face was priceless.

"Go on..." I said with a smirk.

"Ummm...." she turned even more red. "And it will affect you because...."

"Okay," I just interrupted, trying my best not to laugh. "Why will it affect me, and how?"

Then a female voice interrupted us.

<*>

-Amber-

I started to panic. I didn't want to tell Alex about the heat that I'll go through... oh gosh it is so awkward!

"Because her body will release scents of her hormones making you and your wolf go wild, while she'll be extremely horny 24/7 until it's over." I heard a voice from the doorway. Thank you for saving me...

That was until I looked up to see who it was.

"Sierra! I'm going to kill you!" I shouted throwing a pillow at her. Gosh, this is so embarrassing.

"Hey," Sierra smiled catching the pillow. "He asked, and we both know that you're too shy to respond. Especially to this hottie." She said practically eye-raping him.

Alex looked shocked. "Hottie? Seriously?"

What he seemed to have troubles coming to terms with was that despite what he said, he was very attractive, to begin with. I caught him brushing off compliments more than once, so I had assumed he didn't think very highly of his appearance. Then he went full blown wolf and certain things here and there seemed to disappear or appear. One of his bottom teeth were crooked like they took off the braces too soon and now it was straight, he now had a dimple that showed every time he laughed, and even his shoulders seemed broader and more muscular. The only thing that didn't seem to change was how his choppy hair never stayed in place, and that made me smile on the inside. I liked his hair. 

She shrugged and looked back at me. Personally, I was busy trying to blow her up with my mind. Unfortunately, it didn't look like that was going to happen. 

"Okay, so your mom is heading out, and I was thinking we could do a movie night. It would be fun with the new mate over here." She grinned.

I don't like that grin very much...

"I'm right here you know?" Alex commented dryly, his eyebrow raised.

She just rolled her eyes at him. "Yes, I do know that. And I'm trying not to look your way considering how drool-worthy you are. And trust me, if I was drooling over you, Amber would probably kill me."

"Got that right," I muttered under my breath so no one could hear me. "Don't you have a mate to be looking for?" I asked through gritted teeth out loud this time.