Chapter 50 - Epilogue

Two Years Later

-Alex-

I awoke to the sun shining in my eye, the curtains pulled back and letting a soft breeze float through the open window. It wasn't early, but I could tell that it wasn't late in the day either. The air was crisp, a wisp of winter among the gentle wind, just foretelling the months to come. I turned my head just enough to see my glorious mate. A soft, purr like noise, left my lips as I trailed my knuckles gently along her cheek.

Amber's eyelids fluttered open, and her eyes met mine. The sight took my breath away, even after nearly three years of staring into them. Something I would never get tired of.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this," she whispered, never taking her eyes away.

"Use to what?"

"Waking up so nicely next to you," she said as she snuggled closer to me. "I swear it gets better every day."

I growled softly, wrapping my arms tighter around her waist, pulling her back into my chest as I nuzzled her neck. "Good," I breathed. "And let me know if you ever do get tired of it, so I can try something else."

"Something else?" she squeaked. "And what might that be?"

I chuckled softly, nibbling a little on her ear, "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise for when I need it."

Amber giggled, laying her head back on my shoulder. "I'll remember that."

I kept nuzzling her neck, Xavier quiet with contentment. I could almost hear Jackie letting out a soft growl, letting us know that she was just as happy.

It had been two years since the aftermath Falcon with his group of rogues and hunters. He paid the hunters very well to fight alongside him. The prospect of them taking down every werewolf pack being a huge added bonus, but of course, once he was gone, they took off nearly as fast as the rogues themselves. It was quiet for about a year before we had our first rogue trouble, which ended up being something as small as one of the quiet ones passing through. Six months later, a hunter was tracking rogues... another rogue hunter. He said that he had been trying to find a witch in the area, something about being associated with the witch that had caused us troubles back when Falcon was still around.

We had dismissed any issue about him on our land immediately, even though he politely declined our invitation to stay a day or so; the man seemed in a hurry.

Jaydon had grown more than I had expected in the short amount of time. We guessed him to be around the age of eight, and his birthday was the day we found him. Okay, so we chose that date for him, as he had no memory of his life before. No one in the pack had claimed him, and some might have guessed that if he was in our pack at all, that side had been killed in the first rogue and hunter attacks. It was a sad thought for sure, but we did lose some that day.

Linc, the Warrior that had found us when we came back from the cabin with Emit, had lost his mate. He sank into a deep depression, and we found him lying with his hands folded gently over his chest. We all knew what happened when we lost our mates, but few of us had ever seen someone go like that.

But there were the good things that had happened, to dispel our sadness. Adam stepped down from being an Alpha, handing over the title to me, and Luna to Amber. He told us both how proud he was of us, and he did linger his gaze on me for a little while. After the ceremony, and us getting more gifts and blessings than I could count, he pulled me aside, a small smile crossing his lips.